+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

withdraw application and reapplay

stoby1818

Sep 3, 2008
Hai friends,
I am working as a social worker in india.I applied migrtion to canada brfore 1 year. As per the new laws from 27 feb2008 can i withdraw my application and reapply as primary applicant.If it is possible, they will refund the fees or not.Please share your views with me.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are under the old system, you should stick with your application and wait until the new rules are published so you can see for sure that you qualify to apply under the new rules.

If you do qualify under the new rules, you can withdraw and re-apply after they are published. They will refund the processing fee if they haven't started to process your file.

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
Leon said:
If you do qualify under the new rules, you can withdraw and re-apply after they are published. They will refund the processing fee if they haven't started to process your file.
Leon,

Doing a bit of googling yesterday evening, I found somewhere that they might refund fees if people do not qualify under the new rules, even if they have started processing a file. Indeed, it would be very unfair otherwise. I'll try to find the link later today.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We were talking about files in the old system. The OP applied last year from India where the waiting is like 6 years. Surely they will not start to process that file any time soon. As for the new system, they can't start processing files under the new rules until the new rules are published.

They have said about the new system that occupations will be priority based so they will pull your file if you are in a priority occupation and if your file is not processed within a year in the new system, they plan to return it with your fees.

anu18

Aug 1, 2007
I was not reading the forum for a while. What is the new rule.
Can anybody provide link for it?
Thanks,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The new rules have not been published yet but it is said that there will be a list of 38 occupations and people from other occupations either can not apply or will be slower. It is also said that they plan to return your application and fees if your file has not been processed within a year. Anyway, just wait for the new rules like everybody else.