+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw and reapply - how soon?

minnie99

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Ontario
We submitted outland spousal online but realized we missed signing two forms which require the sponsor's signature. We withdrew the application (within a few hours) and just waiting for IRCC to respond that they will review it. A few questions:

- How soon can we resubmit the application?
-- Option 1: Resubmit ASAP - We are hoping to resubmit sooner in the hopes that they will just return one of the applications
-- Option 2: Wait for IRCC's formal withdrawal - No timeline, based on other posts it will take them 1-5 days to acknowledge the request but that is still NOT a withdrawal

- If we resubmit immediately, should we just:
-- Option 1: Pay again and request refund for the first set of fees
-- Option 2: Use the same receipt (could cause delay?)

Hoping to hear your thoughts. Anyone who might've experienced the same previously, would also like your input!

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Hello,

You can resubmit it ASAP with same old receipts and write a cover letter why you had to withdraw. It will just be fine.

Good luck

minnie99

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Ontario
Hello,

You can resubmit it ASAP with same old receipts and write a cover letter why you had to withdraw. It will just be fine.

Good luck
Hey, thanks a lot! We missed writing the cover letter and the IRCC asked for it now, so we will also indicate that we will not be asking for a refund as we will resubmit the same receipt for the new application.

nrasala

Dec 30, 2014
@minnie99,

I am in the same boat so would need your guidance here.

I withdrew my application soon after it was submitted as I missed signatures too.

could you answer the below;

1. When did your reapply .i.e ASAP or after IRCC withdrew the first file
2. How long did IRCC take to withdraw the first file?

would really appreciate if you could share your input here.

minnie99

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Ontario
@minnie99,

I am in the same boat so would need your guidance here.

I withdrew my application soon after it was submitted as I missed signatures too.

could you answer the below;

1. When did your reapply .i.e ASAP or after IRCC withdrew the first file
2. How long did IRCC take to withdraw the first file?

would really appreciate if you could share your input here.
Replied to your PM but also replying here for everyone's benefit:

1. I reapplied ASAP
2. It wasn't a week when IRCC responded to our request to withdraw. But they said they couldn't find the application (which we expected, since we didn't have AOR yet).

BTW We're still waiting for AOR (almost 2 months since we submitted)

Britteadrinker

Star Member
Mar 18, 2022
how did you withdraw your application? I know I made mistakes on mine yesterday, submitted it online but there’s no option to withdraw?