+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdawing inland application to apply outland

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I'm currently helping our neighbors with their family class application. They have already applied inland, but it is now the third time the application has been returned as incomplete or missing information. I am not sure at this time if the application is even in process, but I have suggested it would be quicker to apply outland (Singapore VO/Indonesian citizen), but there are a few questions I need some help with first.

1) If they are to apply outland, do they need to re-submit all the fees?
2) how do you notify CIC of the change to outland? (do you need to withdraw the original application and how do you do that or is it even necessary?)
3) Will a withdrawal affect a future outland application?
4) Their child already has a Canadian passport, so she is listed as a dependant of the sponsor, not the applicant....correct?

Some background. They have been married seven years (Canadian husband/Indonesian wife) and have one child (already holding Canadian passport). They have already been at this for 6 months, so it would be nice to help them get this done. Any advice is appreciated in advance.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Buletruck said:
I'm currently helping our neighbors with their family class application. They have already applied inland, but it is now the third time the application has been returned as incomplete or missing information. I am not sure at this time if the application is even in process, but I have suggested it would be quicker to apply outland (Singapore VO/Indonesian citizen), but there are a few questions I need some help with first.

1) If they are to apply outland, do they need to re-submit all the fees?
2) how do you notify CIC of the change to outland? (do you need to withdraw the original application and how do you do that or is it even necessary?)
3) Will a withdrawal affect a future outland application?
4) Their child already has a Canadian passport, so she is listed as a dependant of the sponsor, not the applicant....correct?

Some background. They have been married seven years (Canadian husband/Indonesian wife) and have one child (already holding Canadian passport). They have already been at this for 6 months, so it would be nice to help them get this done. Any advice is appreciated in advance.
Hello,

1. If they have not yet begun any processing I believe they will be refunded all fees. If processing of the sponsor has started then they will receive the fees minus the $75 sponsor fee.
2. You cannot have two applications in process at the same time. I am not sure about transferring from inland to outland, but my suggestion would be to withdraw and then resubmit a new application.
3. It should not have any affect on the new outland application.
4. I honestly don't know.