+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

With holding Residency obligation count down.

silly

Feb 12, 2014
;) Hi Dear.

I heard from one of my friend that any person who has immigrated to Canada and can not find job in his profession,who need more exames to be eligible to work in his own profession and who want to work ouside canada to financially support his family residing in Canada.In this case he may not be able to complete his 2 year RO(now 3 years).In this case he can request the concerned authority to WITH HOLD his count down of RO tenure which can be resumed once he find suitable job in Canada matching his profession.My friend said one person did it though he forgot his name and other details.
Is there case or rule exit like this or not ? I need your suggestions.

Regards

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
silly said:
;) Hi Dear.

I heard from one of my friend that any person who has immigrated to Canada and can not find job in his profession,who need more exames to be eligible to work in his own profession and who want to work ouside canada to financially support his family residing in Canada.In this case he may not be able to complete his 2 year RO(now 3 years).In this case he can request the concerned authority to WITH HOLD his count down of RO tenure which can be resumed once he find suitable job in Canada matching his profession.My friend said one person did it though he forgot his name and other details.
Is there case or rule exit like this or not ? I need your suggestions.

Regards
No, this is NOT possible. If you don't comply with the Residency Obligations, you risk being reported and eventually losing your PR status. I really can't put it more simply that this.... Your "friend" is completely mistaken.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree with zardoz. There is no hold off on the RO. The only options he would have to meet his RO while staying outside is if he gets a job with a Canadian employer who has an overseas branch and who transfers him outside Canada for a full time position or if he has H&C reasons for staying outside such as taking care of a terminally ill parent or something of the sort. These exceptions can not be organized in advance either. There is a possibility that a multinational company may not be accepted as a Canadian employer or that H&C grounds may not be accepted depending on what they are and being able to prove them. Not being able to find a good enough job in Canada is definitely not accepted as H&C grounds.

However, as long as his spouse stays in Canada and meets the RO for PR, she can sponsor him for PR again if he loses his. There is however no seamless transition between old and new PR. He would have to officially lose or renounce the old PR before he can be sponsored again and sponsorship can take months or even years depending on the visa office responsible for his country of citizenship or residence. During the time he is without PR, he would have the same options as any other non-PR to apply for a visit visa to visit his family, that is unless he is visa exempt in which case he wont need one.

silly

Feb 12, 2014
Thank you Zardoz and Leon for your replies.I have another question.

Can Family( Wife and Childrens)Canadian Citizenship status help me renewal of my PR card, though my PR card is Valid ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
silly said:

Can Family( Wife and Childrens)Canadian Citizenship status help me renewal of my PR card, though my PR card is Valid ?
They will be a factor in any H&C consideration for losing your PR status. They will not inherently make any difference to the hassle that you will go through if you don't meet the Residency Obligations.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silly said:

You don't get a free ride because your family is citizens. However, you can count days spent with a Canadian citizen spouse overseas as days spent in Canada. For example, your family after getting citizenship joins you in the country where you are living. After 2 years spent with your citizen spouse in that country, you will meet the residency obligation again for your PR.

If you had never been reported for not meeting the RO while you didn't and therefore never officially lost your PR, being able to meet the RO again would allow you to apply for a PR travel document to return to Canada and apply to renew your PR card.