+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

With a Canadian Child, do I need to send her passport upon PPR request?

karylin

Oct 10, 2017
Hi guys,

We got the PPR yesterday, and it requires us to send passports of every family member. But the thing is, our kid was born in Canada, so she's the citizen in Canada.

In that case, do we still need to send out her Canada passport and also two photos of her?

Dose anyone have the same experience?

Thanks!!!

fordori

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
My son is american, visa exempt. My husband and I sent our passports and we only sent a color photocopy of our son's passport. We sent the required pictures for all three of us.

However for a canadian child, logically I would say you don't need to send anything. He obviously does not need a Canada PR. That's just based on my logic though. Hopefully someone else with the actual experience can comment.

karylin

Oct 10, 2017
My son is american, visa exempt. My husband and I sent our passports and we only sent a color photocopy of our son's passport. We sent the required pictures for all three of us.

However for a canadian child, logically I would say you don't need to send anything. He obviously does not need a Canada PR. That's just based on my logic though. Hopefully someone else with the actual experience can comment.
Thanks Fordori! We also sent our daughter's passport just in case..and right now we are still waiting for the passport to be sent back

larvax

Feb 6, 2020
Karylin, did you send the canadian passport of your child? I am in the exact same situation. My daughter has both Canadian and Brazilian Passports. We got our PPR today. How was your case after sending the passports?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Karylin, did you send the canadian passport of your child? I am in the exact same situation. My daughter has both Canadian and Brazilian Passports. We got our PPR today. How was your case after sending the passports?
You don't send a Canadian's passport. They don't need a visa.

Reactions: larvax