+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

With 5.48 CGPA eligible for study permit in Canada?

King.bill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Could you please suggest me some college names which would accept this CGPA for PGD ?
I am not familiar with the grading system of your country but most of the colleges which offer PG programs don't care about your grades. It's more of an immigration gateway, let's just put it that way.
If you are really interested in getting on a master's program, its a whole different ballgame. you need to identify your research areas and then find a few schools you want to attend. You can connect with the professors by visiting the university website and share your research interests with them and seek guidance.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I am not familiar with the grading system of your country but most of the colleges which offer PG programs don't care about your grades. It's more of an immigration gateway, let's just put it that way.
If you are really interested in getting on a master's program, its a whole different ballgame. you need to identify your research areas and then find a few schools you want to attend. You can connect with the professors by visiting the university website and share your research interests with them and seek guidance.
I would disagree with that statement. There are quite a few colleges which would not accept a 5.48 CGPA out of a 10 point scale which would put it at around 52% roughly. While you can certainly find a college willing to take you for the international tuition you will not find it so easy getting a visa unless your work experience is relevant to the course chosen. There are quite a few good PG programs with Co-op programs so labeling all PG programs as an "immigration gateway" is a bit disingenuous.

Reactions: rogelcorral

jeetkour

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
Ok. What do you think centennial college will accept this!
Yes, go for Centennial . Taking chances is much better then regretting. :)

You have to do all yourself for searching course and colleges. There are only few colleges who accept 50% in Graduation so better to make list of your interest programs and college and find there indian representatives email id from the college websites and mail them to know better.