+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

with 376 points can I dream of canada??

exp7

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
fl_pie said:
I find it unlikely they will issue 3-4 thousands of LMIAs per month. Hence, the score will go down. Stop trying to scare people off.
Whatever you say buddy!

Time will show who was right anyway...

I hope you are right and me wrong!!!

account77

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumi1982 said:
Hi friends,

I have 376 points and submitted my eoi successfully. Is tbere any chance that I can get the ITA this year. As I am in testing profession there are no options available anywhere else.

looking forward to your replies and suggestions.
Thankssumi
Sorry for going off topic, but are you from Hyderabad, India?

mod2014

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
Hi & Good morning to all respected,

Please let me know that under Express Entry system point scoring is dependent on type of occupation. If yes then

will it be better for me to go for Express Entry for both mine & my spouse separately for different occupations.

Also let me know that which occupations have most chances to be picked / invited in Express Entry System.

thank you.

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mod2014 said:
Hi & Good morning to all respected,

Please let me know that under Express Entry system point scoring is dependent on type of occupation. If yes then

will it be better for me to go for Express Entry for both mine & my spouse separately for different occupations.

Also let me know that which occupations have most chances to be picked / invited in Express Entry System.

thank you.
I cannot answer all your queries, but I definitely know that there is no preference to an occupation under EE. Once you enter the pool, you will be ranked and if you are lucky, you might get an ITA.

Here is the link to calculate the scores.. try with spouse and without spouse and see how you do...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

keen2

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Dear friends, these are my thoughts. Apologies if this may sound discouraging...

1. Have you ever thought why they are giving a BULK of 600 points to those with PNP or LMIA? Why not just some 100 points or a bit more?

Think about what if they only gave 100 points to those with job offer with LMIA.
If their core+transferability skills are only having <300 points, then they would only have <400 points in total.
This gives them lower chance against those highly-skilled profiles (450+) on their core+transferability alone (no job offer).

Giving them +600 will surely make their profiles stand-out and these are the profiles that CIC want to give ITA as they can immediately contribute to Canada.
ITA guaranteed in no time.

2. Why would you think they spent so much money to bring-up JobBank's job matching feature?

This tool will allow those with <600 points profiles to find a possible employer and possibly get a job offer. Again +600 points. There, ITA guaranteed.

3. CIC is emphasing for those low ranked profiles to improve their points (eg. improving english, french, more experience, more degrees... etc).

This, of course, could possibly attract seeking employer's attention. Of course they want to hire someone who are very proficient in english/french, higher/multiple degrees, etc..
If that happens, job offer+LMIA comes to the picture. +600 points.
Even if that doesn't happen, at least CIC believes that these highly-ranked profiles could possibly contribute to Canada in the future. They just have to wait long... long...

So I have the impression that CIC might only "normally" draw about 700+ points in general draws (if no specific stream, no specific NOC).

However, they could go down at roughly 350+ points cut-off IF there is a demand on specific NOC or there is a great imbalance of NOCs.
But again, this could not happen soon. Maybe late this year, I am not sure. But remember, by that time, many more PNPs & LMIAs are up for grab.

Btw, these are just opinions from a <400 points candidate too. Hope I am wrong and let's hope for the best. But friends, keep your options open...

dhaval85

Feb 13, 2015
i have got 356 point till now...have completed my masters in pharmaceutical science...and also have got MASTERS in WES report...please can someone help me the know the chances of selection in any job offer or provinse nomination.

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
There is a 70% failure rate for LMIA at the moment. These things are hard to get especially as employers will want to see you working with them before they decide to invest and get you the LMIA.

If the numbers start to go below 800 then the LMIA's are beginning to fall away. There will always be LMIA's in there but i think there will be more chances for people without them.

I was lucky enough to get an LMIA but it was a nightmare and i cant see many companies going to the hassle unless you currently work there. So yes, the score will start to come down by a good bit i think

Sudhamani85

Oct 20, 2014
keen2 said:
Dear friends, these are my thoughts. Apologies if this may sound discouraging...

1. Have you ever thought why they are giving a BULK of 600 points to those with PNP or LMIA? Why not just some 100 points or a bit more?

Think about what if they only gave 100 points to those with job offer with LMIA.
If their core+transferability skills are only having <300 points, then they would only have <400 points in total.
This gives them lower chance against those highly-skilled profiles (450+) on their core+transferability alone (no job offer).

Giving them +600 will surely make their profiles stand-out and these are the profiles that CIC want to give ITA as they can immediately contribute to Canada.
ITA guaranteed in no time.

2. Why would you think they spent so much money to bring-up JobBank's job matching feature?

This tool will allow those with <600 points profiles to find a possible employer and possibly get a job offer. Again +600 points. There, ITA guaranteed.

3. CIC is emphasing for those low ranked profiles to improve their points (eg. improving english, french, more experience, more degrees... etc).

This, of course, could possibly attract seeking employer's attention. Of course they want to hire someone who are very proficient in english/french, higher/multiple degrees, etc..
If that happens, job offer+LMIA comes to the picture. +600 points.
Even if that doesn't happen, at least CIC believes that these highly-ranked profiles could possibly contribute to Canada in the future. They just have to wait long... long...

So I have the impression that CIC might only "normally" draw about 700+ points in general draws (if no specific stream, no specific NOC).

However, they could go down at roughly 350+ points cut-off IF there is a demand on specific NOC or there is a great imbalance of NOCs.
But again, this could not happen soon. Maybe late this year, I am not sure. But remember, by that time, many more PNPs & LMIAs are up for grab.

Btw, these are just opinions from a <400 points candidate too. Hope I am wrong and let's hope for the best. But friends, keep your options open...
I think what you say make seance. If jobs are still open and if employer has not found any suitable skills with existing people then they might come and seek for people on the job pool for specific NOC. It will also be easy for employer to issue LMIA

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
If you can manage LMIA supported jobs or provincial nomination you get additional 600 points boost.

Your score soars to 976 and you get selected in next draw(99.99%)