+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WINTER JACKETS FROM PUNJAB , ARE THEY GOOD FOR CANADA?

anuj_juneja2005

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
HI

MY NAME IS ANUJ JUNEJA . I AM FROM INDIA

I WILL COME TO NORTH VANCOUVER FOR STUDIES THIS FALL

I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER I SHOULD BUY WINTER JACKETS AND THERMALS FROM CANADA OR SHOULD I BUY THEM FROM INDIA.

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT INDIAN JACKETS( FROM DELHI AND PUNJAB) DO NOT WORK IN VANCOUVER WINTER.

WHAT IS THE AVERAGE PRICE OF NON BRANDED GOOD WINTER JACKETS AND THERMALS IN CANADA?

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
I have made the mistake of buying a lot of winter stuff from my home country and bringing them here. And after spending my first winter in Alberta I had to buy new ones because the ones I brought are not working.
I have a lot of relatives in Vancouver and they said winter in Vancouver us not as bad as Alberta at all because the snow melts and rarely snows, but it rains a lot. Might be a good idea to bring an umbrella.

So that's good less snow to no snow is better!!

But of course it will probably be much colder than what you are used to.

It's easy to buy winter coat 30-60 bucks maybe cheaper for cheap ones, look out for sales.

But my advice to people has always been invest on a REALLY good jacket! Save some money and buy a sort of expensive one that can withstand really cold weather.Some up to minus 30 or colder. I've always thought that you don't a million jackets just a really good one.

Also another option is look for jackets that actually have goose down feathers inside, instead of fake polyester stuffing. Because down will keep you really warm.

When it comes to thermals, I also did buy some from my home country and they sucked. lol. There are cheap thermals that work good at mark's work wear house. They are used by people who work outside a lot.
Or Try sport check or even Walmart for thermals used by people who go snow boarding or playing winter sports.

Realistically speaking, there will come a time that you will get used to the cold and won't even bother wearing thermals.

Goodluck!

rituritz

Oct 5, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
O
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
21-06-2013
Med's Done....
1-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Yesssssssssssss......
LANDED..........
12-august-2013
marsiangal said:
I have made the mistake of buying a lot of winter stuff from my home country and bringing them here. And after spending my first winter in Alberta I had to buy new ones because the ones I brought are not working.
I have a lot of relatives in Vancouver and they said winter in Vancouver us not as bad as Alberta at all because the snow melts and rarely snows, but it rains a lot. Might be a good idea to bring an umbrella.

So that's good less snow to no snow is better!!

But of course it will probably be much colder than what you are used to.

It's easy to buy winter coat 30-60 bucks maybe cheaper for cheap ones, look out for sales.

But my advice to people has always been invest on a REALLY good jacket! Save some money and buy a sort of expensive one that can withstand really cold weather.Some up to minus 30 or colder. I've always thought that you don't a million jackets just a really good one.

Also another option is look for jackets that actually have goose down feathers inside, instead of fake polyester stuffing. Because down will keep you really warm.

When it comes to thermals, I also did buy some from my home country and they sucked. lol. There are cheap thermals that work good at mark's work wear house. They are used by people who work outside a lot.
Or Try sport check or even Walmart for thermals used by people who go snow boarding or playing winter sports.

Realistically speaking, there will come a time that you will get used to the cold and won't even bother wearing thermals.

Goodluck!
thanks for the info

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its better if you buy from Canada, Jackets from Punjab are only good for Punjabi weather not Canadian. Besides if you are the el-stylo brand name type and like to look impressionable and are into fashion buy them from Canada otherwise you'll really stick out like a sore thumb in the population and look like a FOB