+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2021 Intake: Student Visa

Stay_Humble

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hey Guys, I'm from India and applied for the visa under SDS category on 15th Oct (DLI already has approved readiness plan in place). I am considering to travel to Dubai to submit my biometrics since that is the only formality pending from my end. Just wanted to check if I give the biometrics in Dubai, will I have to submit my passport for visa stamp issuance in Dubai or India? I'm a little confused here and would appreciate if you could help.

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
I'm planning to apply on 20th of November, I got delayed because of my IELTS. My IELTS is on 31st October and I'll get result within two weeks and I'll apply as soon as I get my result. Is it too late fore Winter'21 session, should I get my LOA deferred? I also wanted to ask how much of funds should I show? I'm applying under SDS so I have already paid my fees and GIC.
hey,I'm almost in same sitution,would be applying for visa before 15th November.We can start our program online from our homecountry till we get our visa.Just confirm with your university if it would refund u ur tuition fees incase the visa gets rejected.

Reactions: thecazgir

Lovely086

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Hey Guys, I'm from India and applied for the visa under SDS category on 15th Oct (DLI already has approved readiness plan in place). I am considering to travel to Dubai to submit my biometrics since that is the only formality pending from my end. Just wanted to check if I give the biometrics in Dubai, will I have to submit my passport for visa stamp issuance in Dubai or India? I'm a little confused here and would appreciate if you could help.
Do you feel it will not open in India by November ? I applied in August for Jan Intake. I passed my medicals too. Will they not process further without biometric?

Stay_Humble

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Do you feel it will not open in India by November ? I applied in August for Jan Intake. I passed my medicals too. Will they not process further without biometric?
Nope they won't process the application further since it is not complete and in order to complete it, you need to submit the biometrics. Now we know that VAC's in India are opening slowly/stage-wise but I feel biometrics would be the last service they open which won't be in November.

This again is my personal speculation and hence wanted to be prepared with the alternatives (just need to confirm if later passport needs to submitted here in India or Dubai).

Lovely086

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Nope they won't process the application further since it is not complete and in order to complete it, you need to submit the biometrics. Now we know that VAC's in India are opening slowly/stage-wise but I feel biometrics would be the last service they open which won't be in November.

This again is my personal speculation and hence wanted to be prepared with the alternatives (just need to confirm if later passport needs to submitted here in India or Dubai).
Passport Needs to be submitted in India - Indian Passport - so in India only and I hear Delhi office has started taking passport via courier....but its slow as of now

asifhamza

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020

As far as i know biometrics can be done from dubai.. and also passport can be submitted in dubai as well.

Stay_Humble

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Passport Needs to be submitted in India - Indian Passport - so in India only and I hear Delhi office has started taking passport via courier....but its slow as of now
Yeah I know, you can only submit your passport incase you receive a courier request.

Stay_Humble

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
As far as i know biometrics can be done from dubai.. and also passport can be submitted in dubai as well.
I hope it is not mandatory to submit the passport there since I would ideally want to submit that in my home country. Not sure about the process here.

dawood414

Oct 24, 2020
hey,I'm almost in same sitution,would be applying for visa before 15th November.We can start our program online from our homecountry till we get our visa.Just confirm with your university if it would refund u ur tuition fees incase the visa gets rejected.
I was asking about the visa processing time for Oct/Nov applicants. So I can have and idea of what I should expect.

bpiya

Oct 24, 2020
Lodged: July10
Biometrics Completed: July20
Medical Passed: July30
AIP: Aug12
DLI still not in the list

Applied in Singapore.
Still waiting...

• Sad
Reactions: Sad93

DianaFilip

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Lodged: July10
Biometrics Completed: July20
Medical Passed: July30
AIP: Aug12
DLI still not in the list

Applied in Singapore.
Still waiting...
I know one guy who got complete approval from Singapore, he is Indian living in Singapore.

nicky_0507

Oct 27, 2020
I have submitted my application on 25th September for Jan 2021 intake, biometric done on 28th September, and still waiting for further updates.
Anyone applied from Dubai in September and received the approval ?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
I have submitted my application on 25th September for Jan 2021 intake, biometric done on 28th September, and still waiting for further updates.
Anyone applied from Dubai in September and received the approval ?
Hi there. I did, but it was early in the month (2nd of Sep). I got the Original Passport Request on the 23rd of Oct.

• Wow
Reactions: Sad93