+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2021 Intake: Student Visa

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Ye
Hello all,

I have shares in an Oil company and Bank. Then employment (still working), Another job waiting for me on my return from studies( it was the job requirement that's making me go for the course). Also have a car( bought it in wife's name), building a house, 2plots of land outside the one am building on, married but no kid(s) yet and have a pension account that I cant access until am 50years( am just 34). Can all these be used as ties to my home country?

All my families are based in my country except my sis who got married and the husband took her to Canada.

Your advice will be appreciated to help me move forward.
Yes, they serve as family ties, make sure to include all the documents you have and also letter from your company which can state that the program is a requirement for your new employment. In your SOP ensure that you state the reason why you cannot study the program in your home country and how the program in Canada is of importance.

Reactions: Tresh

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Ye
Yes, they serve as family ties, make sure to include all the documents you have and also letter from your company which can state that the program is a requirement for your new employment. In your SOP ensure that you state the reason why you cannot study the program in your home country and how the program in Canada is of importance.

Thanks @Oreoluwatemi. Thanks for your prompt reply. I have docs for all except the new employment letter from the University am to work upon completion of the program. I will try and get it. My concerned is this pandemic, offices are closed. Am from Nigeria as well

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Thanks @Oreoluwatemi. Thanks for your prompt reply. I have docs for all except the new employment letter from the University am to work upon completion of the program. I will try and get it. My concerned is this pandemic, offices are closed. Am from Nigeria as well
You are welcome, I hope you are able to get It, cause it can serve as a strong reason. Nice to meet you .

abdulshaik

Jun 22, 2020
I don’t know what documents are required to show strong family ties, it’s quite tricky. If you have assets, or a job back at home you can state that in your SOP. Or clearly state how your program will improve your chances of employment and how it will be of benefit to your country.
Thanks for those inputs !!!!.....let me know list of the documents you are uploading while you apply for study permit...

abdulshaik

Jun 22, 2020
Ye
for family ties, i am thinking to upload land documents and a company that is registered on my sister's name....i want o convince the officer that i would get back to my home country and join the business.

thea_ruth13

Jul 18, 2020
Hello! I have all my Winter 2021 requirements ready for submission already. I’m just not sure if i should go thru with the application since there’s still no announcement whether or not the winter 2021 intake is online or in-campus (or if international students are already allowed to enter Canada by Jan 2021). I would really prefer if I’m IN Canada during my studies, and not get stuck doing online classes here in my country with a 14-hour time difference.

Reactions: Nottanyaverma

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
Hello! I have all my Winter 2021 requirements ready for submission already. I’m just not sure if i should go thru with the application since there’s still no announcement whether or not the winter 2021 intake is online or in-campus (or if international students are already allowed to enter Canada by Jan 2021). I would really prefer if I’m IN Canada during my studies, and not get stuck doing online classes here in my country with a 14-hour time difference.
It's better to reach Canada before the course ends as it would be easy to apply for extension of visa and all

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Thanks for those inputs !!!!.....let me know list of the documents you are uploading while you apply for study permit...
LOA, SOP, proof of funds(my dad is my sponsor), previous travel visas and stamps, employment letter, my own bank statements( to show my income and a proof that I am working), birth certificate, international passport data page, degree certificate, academic transcript and the 3 forms from IRCC.
I also plan on submitting my medicals upfront so I can submit a complete application.

Last edited:

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
I think it’s best if you apply now, the earlier the better, you never know the processing times even in this period.

Pranam123

Jan 7, 2020
I have doubt regarding the new update on student visa,they said that this process is available for students starting a program in this fall semester.

So what about the if we are applying for Jan intake 2021,due this current situation the VFS is not open for Bio-metrics,so can we process our study permit application without Bio-metrics or else we need to wait for VFS to open.

Expert Please comment.

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
I am starting also on January 1 and sent my study permit application on July 21, completed biometrics on July 24. After that, bg check started. I checked the visa processing times website and it says 18 weeks. I hope that information is not correct. If it takes that much, in case of denial and reapply, I would be late. I should be in Canada by the first week of december for mandotary quarantine and to settle in before term starts.

Reactions: Nottanyaverma

navdeep.droid

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
I will be having my upfront medical next week after that I will apply. Has anyone got any update on their application for January 2021 intake?

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
I am starting also on January 1 and sent my study permit application on July 21, completed biometrics on July 24. After that, bg check started. I checked the visa processing times website and it says 18 weeks. I hope that information is not correct. If it takes that much, in case of denial and reapply, I would be late. I should be in Canada by the first week of december for mandotary quarantine and to settle in before term starts.
Hi, any update on your application?