+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winnipeg Office

Z

zaza39

Vaniris did they tell you when was your file transfered to Winnipeg? Mine was In February and they did told me it does not stay more than 9 mths and this November was 9mths. May be they will write you soon.

1. Check you process status everyday
2. call the call centre the 1 800 number.

vaniris

Nov 12, 2012
zaza39 said:
Vaniris did they tell you when was your file transfered to Winnipeg? Mine was In February and they did told me it does not stay more than 9 mths and this November was 9mths. May be they will write you soon.

1. Check you process status everyday
2. call the call centre the 1 800 number.

Hi Zaza

Thank you so much for the extra info. Mine was transferred in the middle of June this year. This info. supposed to be posted online however they did stop that from the beginning of this year. According to your timeline, I think my test time would be March then :eek:
Could you please tell more about your test? Was it really hard or fairly ok? What'd they ask you after the test?
Congrats you becoming citizen pretty soon yeah~~~~ :)

YSP

Oct 25, 2012
Winnipeg Office timeline

Anyone has news??
I was checking my copy of application..I can see nothing wrong.
Have 1460 days, been in canada as PR aug 2005, live in Manitoba since 2003..bought my house 2007 and work the same job since march 2006.
No criminal records!! I don't get why take so long..
I hope more people from Winnipeg share their timeline..
Sent Application dec 2010
received acceptance letter march 2011
start processing on december 2011
in process... ???
Anybody has a idea why take so long in Winnipeg?

seldom

May 22, 2007
Dear YSP,

I don't have an answer for you but just wanted to let you know that I am in a similar boat as you:

Applied Feb. 10, 2011
Started Processing: October 31, 2011
Transfer to Winnipeg CIC Office: January 31, 2012

And like you nothing since then!

Seldom

YSP

Oct 25, 2012
Seldon

yes we are in the same boat..waiting..
my status in process..I though after 9 months the winnipeg office should send you someting..but your is almost a year..
But I know one day it will be done..when nobody know..
I try to find my Immigrant landing paper..I don't remember if they give back to me when I received the permanent card at the office..I looked everywhere..
I did copies of documents since my application on 2004,everything but no this form..
Going to check all the documents again..

YSP

Oct 25, 2012
After 3 years I going to visit my mom out of Canada..She getting old and sick..I really worry..
I happy to go and the same time so worry
Code:
due to this process.. and leave my hubby here :( Him can't going now..
I will go before Christmas and came back by end January
this way I will brake the wonderful winter here.
If the judge asks me about the winter here in Winnipeg I going to laugh because I am not a canadian for that!! :D

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YSP,

Make an ATIP request for your GCMS notes - there is information on how to do this on the CIC site.

These will tell you what is happening with your file and may indicate a reason for the hold up such as expired security checks.

MrsHelper

Dec 10, 2012
YSP said:
After 3 years I going to visit my mom out of Canada..She getting old and sick..I really worry..
I happy to go and the same time so worry
Code:
due to this process.. and leave my hubby here :( Him can't going now..
I will go before Christmas and came back by end January
this way I will brake the wonderful winter here.
If the judge asks me about the winter here in Winnipeg I going to laugh because I am not a canadian for that!! :D
Hope your mom gets better

xx

White Bear

Nov 19, 2012
Zaza 39,

did u get an invitation to oath yet. It is almost 3 months since u wrote ur test.
Hope things go fast for u. :D

wynwyn

Feb 19, 2013
There's going to be an Oath taking ceremony on Feb. 20, 2013 1:30pm at the Forks..

anybody who got the RQ thingy? so lucky to have received it today.. more patience for me in the waiting game..

My timeline:
Sent my Citizenship Application: Dec. 24, 2010
CIC Received my Application: Dec. 31, 2010
Transferred to Winnipeg office: Jan. 31, 2012
Received letter with (RQ) dated: Feb. 18, 2013

note

Feb 27, 2013
Re: Winnipeg Office timeline

YSP said:
Anyone has news??
I was checking my copy of application..I can see nothing wrong.
Have 1460 days, been in canada as PR aug 2005, live in Manitoba since 2003..bought my house 2007 and work the same job since march 2006.
No criminal records!! I don't get why take so long..
I hope more people from Winnipeg share their timeline..
Sent Application dec 2010
received acceptance letter march 2011
start processing on december 2011
in process... ???
Anybody has a idea why take so long in Winnipeg?
Please give the cic a call. You will be surprised.

Z

zaza39

ISK no but I called the main call centre they told the good news. I have passed the exam.There is one girl who wrote the test on the same day as me she will take the oath early next Month.Kind of starnge was in the same batch for the EXam???

winni-peg

Jun 16, 2012
Re: Winnipeg Office timeline

note said:
Please give the cic a call. You will be surprised.
Me and my husband applied for Canadian citizenship in Oct 2010 wrote test July 2012 since then no news.... :(..I know a family who got there test one month after us got result back and they all citizen now. I don't know what taking so long