+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winnipeg,MB OR Halifax,NS

intruderj

Jul 2, 2018
I got accepted into the University Of Winnipeg in Winnipeg, Manitoba for their BBA Program as well as
Saint Mary's University in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Both universities cost around the same, offer co-op and are 4 year programs.
The question comes down to, which is a better province to live in according to:
- Jobs and economy
- Weather
- Ease of PR & PNP Programs
- General Standard of living

I'd like to obtain PR in the future through PNP after I graduate my bachelors.

Any input from seniors or landed immigrants will be very much appreciated.
Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would probably say Manitoba. It is a much larger university and better known in Canada. Believe St Mary's is primarily undergraduate studies/ Weather in Manitoba is harsher for sure. If you want a much smaller university then go to St Mary's. Both provinces are smaller and are not the dominant economies in Canada. Cost of living will be similar. Both should be looking to attract immigrants through PNP. I love the Maritimes and Halifax so not a bad option. Apparently St Mary's has1/3 international students.

intruderj

Jul 2, 2018
Would probably say Manitoba. It is a much larger university and better known in Canada. Believe St Mary's is primarily undergraduate studies/ Weather in Manitoba is harsher for sure. If you want a much smaller university then go to St Mary's. Both provinces are smaller and are not the dominant economies in Canada. Cost of living will be similar. Both should be looking to attract immigrants through PNP. I love the Maritimes and Halifax so not a bad option. Apparently St Mary's has1/3 international students.
Thank you for the quick response!
Winnipeg is on top of my list now. The weather will be a challenge though.