Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-04-2016
Med's Request
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
It does not matter the job is at the provincial or federal level. You need citizenship to be able to submit your application or be able to accept your offer of employment.

Once you know that you can apply for a job, you need to write complete details in a letter and attached appropriate documents to back up your request, and submit through an online web form on the IRCC site.

Once your request is sent out to the local office, it's on the discretion of the case processing officer to either accept it, reject it, or directly reach out to you if they have concerns about your request.

In my case, I sent my UP request along with my employment offer letter from the federal govt. through webform to IRCC. After 1.5 weeks, my offer was forwarded to the local Windsor office and after 1 week, the case officer reached out to me as he wanted further proof of communication between my prospective employer and myself from initial application submission to final offer letter. I provided all those and he approved my request the same day.

Now I'm scheduled for my Interview today and hopefully Oath ASAP as well.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any further questions.

All the best for your interview today @rafzy

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
All the best for your interview today @rafzy
Yes, good luck rafzy. I am sure it should be fine as they just verify the documents and ask some questions on residency or what not.
Yes. The message appeared in my online tracker today after 6AM with today's date and interview date of August 27th.

Atleast, Windsor office is 1 step ahead of the online tracker in this sense.

Reactions: rafzy

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Yes, good luck rafzy. I am sure it should be fine as they just verify the documents and ask some questions on residency or what not.
Thanks. So my interview details are as mentioned below;

I had my interview today with the senior case processing officer and she went through my complete application, looked at my passport bio page and few other pages, and matched stamps as per the passport pages pictures which I sent her last week, Identity cards, and PR card.

Then she went through my complete application and verified my employment, residence and travel history, and marital status details. It took her a total of 20 minutes.

In end, she confirmed that she has approved my application and was going to reach out to her colleague to put my name for Oath for September 2nd as it's a UP case.

Also, I told her that I have my flight scheduled for Sep 10th. So, she said that she is going to talk with the passport office in Windsor and share all details about submitting an urgent passport application.

One thing I would like to share (as stated by the Senior case officer), that it is very difficult to find a job in your own field or potential opportunity these days due to COVID-19 issues. So, IRCC is approving maximum UP requests submitted to them who have a potential chance of getting a job in their own field requiring Citizenship.

So guys, If anyone wants to submit an UP request who has a high chance of getting a federal job with ideal profile matching as per the advertised job, go for it. These days, UP is going straight to Senior Case Officers and who are processing requests ASAP !

@rajkamalmohanram Can you please update my profile with below dates;

Citizenship Application:
Application Sent (Windsor, ON): 05 Aug 2020
Application Received (Sydney, NS): 06 Aug 2020
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): 24 Nov 2020
File Transferred & In-Process: 02 Feb 2021
Background Verifications Completed: 03 Mar 2021
Citizenship Test In-Progress: 29 June 2021
Citizenship Test Invite (Online): 29 June 2021
Citizenship Test Window (Online): 02 July - 22 July 2021
Citizenship Test Taken & Passed (Online): 04 July 2021
Citizenship Test Completed: 05 July 2021
Urgent Processing Request Submit: 11 Aug 2021
Urgent Processing Request Accepted: 16 Aug 2021
Passport Pages Scan Request & Submit Date: 16 Aug 2021
Citizenship Interview Scheduled: 23 Aug 2021
Citizenship Interview Completed: 27 Aug 2021
Language Skills Completed: 27 Aug 2021
Physical Presence Completed: 27 Aug 2021
Prohibitions Completed: 27 Aug 2021
Decision Made: 27 Aug 2021
Oath Ceremony Scheduled: 02 Sep 2021
Oath Ceremony Completed:
Citizenship Application Complete:
Citizenship Certificate Received:

Passport Application:
Urgent Passport Application Submitted:
Passport Application Approved:
Passport Received:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

I had my interview today with the senior case processing officer and she went through my complete application, looked at my passport bio page and few other pages, and matched stamps as per the passport pages pictures which I sent her last week, Identity cards, and PR card.

Then she went through my complete application and verified my employment, residence and travel history, and marital status details. It took her a total of 20 minutes.

In end, she confirmed that she has approved my application and was going to reach out to her colleague to put my name for Oath for September 2nd as it's a UP case.

Also, I told her that I have my flight scheduled for Sep 10th. So, she said that she is going to talk with the passport office in Windsor and share all details about submitting an urgent passport application.

One thing I would like to share (as stated by the Senior case officer), that it is very difficult to find a job in your own field or potential opportunity these days due to COVID-19 issues. So, IRCC is approving maximum UP requests submitted to them who have a potential chance of getting a job in their own field requiring Citizenship.

So guys, If anyone wants to submit an UP request who has a high chance of getting a federal job with ideal profile matching as per the advertised job, go for it. These days, UP is going straight to Senior Case Officers and who are processing requests ASAP !

Citizenship Application:
Oath Ceremony Completed:

Passport Application:
Passport Received:
Congratulations! I have updated the spreadsheet. Please post an update once you receive the oath invite email.

Aprl22:2016

Nov 10, 2017
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-04-2016
Med's Request
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Watch out guys I have seen a June 2020 applicant from another group also got his oath invitation for Sept 2nd so may be more people will get invited his UP request was rejected

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Watch out guys I have seen a June 2020 applicant from another group also got his oath invitation for Sept 2nd so may be more people will get invited his UP request was rejected
Seems that member's DM happened last month. Since there was no test required, possibly officer could review the file sooner than test required candidates.
I dont know if the office can start review the files from School starting-Sep first/second week at least.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Seems that member's DM happened last month. Since there was no test required, possibly officer could review the file sooner than test required candidates.
I dont know if the office can start review the files from School starting-Sep first/second week at least.
during my interview, I could see senior officer of Windsor office working from home.
So I am assuming that all people are working from home or on 699 vacation mode and not working at all and that's why a senior case officer had to review my request

Reactions: harirajmohan

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
during my interview, I could see senior officer of Windsor office working from home.
So I am assuming that all people are working from home or on 699 vacation mode and not working at all and that's why a senior case officer had to review my request
Surely, otherwise there is no reason why files are pending. There is no movement for any citizenship files for all 2020 months.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019

Citizenship Application:
Oath Ceremony Completed:

Passport Application:
Passport Received:

So, IRCC is approving maximum UP requests submitted to them who have a potential chance of getting a job in their own field requiring Citizenship

"Potential chance"? So you don't need a job offer? You just need to prove you applied for a position you qualify for?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
So, IRCC is approving maximum UP requests submitted to them who have a potential chance of getting a job in their own field requiring Citizenship

"Potential chance"? So you don't need a job offer? Do you just need to prove you applied for a position you qualify for?
Yes. You can request for UP if your job requires citizenship but only within Canada and not for jobs outside Canada and you have to prove to the case officer how you are an excellent candidate for this role and only citizenship is in your way of getting this job.

Even in that case, it's up to the case officer to approve, reject or reach out to you to clear his/her doubts about your request.