+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will WES evaluate 3 month certificate course from Pune University?

Ordinary

Feb 18, 2015
dan_and said:
I'm sure they will happily take your money and have a go, but the better question is what you expect to gain from this.

If this is your only degree besides high school, you won't get any points for it. See here (scroll down to "level of education"):
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

You need to have a 1-year equivalent degree at least to receive additional points on top of a high school degree. Your 3 month certificate is surely not going to be equivalent to a 1 year Canadian degree.

But if you are submitting this in addition to other university / college degrees, it can't hurt including it.
Hi Dan Thanks for reply. I have 4 year bachelors degree in addition to this certificate. So do you think I will get points for following level of education "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
from what i've seen, only people who had/have two degrees/certs/diplomas of the same level ie. 2 bachelors degrees, qualified for the points for 2 certs. but worth a shot. don't be surprised though if you only get points for your bachelors

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I don't have any experience with education assessments but the following questions came to mind. What was the subject? How many hours a week did you study? Wasn't there a place on the WES website where you can find out equivalency?

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ordinary said:
Hi Dan Thanks for reply. I have 4 year bachelors degree in addition to this certificate. So do you think I will get points for following level of education "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"?
Highly unlikely. You will be evaluated only for your bachelors.

Mar 17, 2016
Ordinary said:
Will WES evaluate 3 month certificate course from Pune University? Thanks
Just wondering.. were you able to get points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"?
Please help

AD24

Nov 10, 2017
Hi everyone. I have the same question. I have a 4 year degree and a 2 month diploma. Will I get two degrees ?

Thank you.

fmr225

Jan 30, 2018
This is the question! I need to boost my score, and "2 diplomas/certificates" would certainly do that.
BUT, before I enroll in any post-grad program, I would like to know if it would count...
Does anyone know what are the requirements?
I already had my ECA. Along with my bachelor's diploma, I sent certificates from two extension programs I took in the University. Both were longer than 400 hours. One was German Language & Culture (8 semesters), the other was Italian Language and Culture (6 semesters). They were completely overlooked. According to WES, only formal academic studies can be considered, even though these 2 programs were taken in the same University where I got my degree from, with certificates. Anyhow, no soup 4 me
Does anyone know what should count?