+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will waiting for sputum test results delay my application by two months?

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
I got my medicals done on 5th January and was called for sputum tests immediately for three consecutive days. I filed my application and uploaded the emedical sheet that was provided to me by IOM.

Now since the sputum test results will not arrive until March, i was just worried whether this will delay processing time by 2 months for me. I have mostly seen people having their application status changed first time only after Medicals are passed and they get the UCI number only after background check is started and medicals are passed.

What should i expect in my case? Will i get the UCI number and CIC will process my application until they receive medical results from IOM? As per IOM, they will only forward results of my complete medical when they have sputum test results in hand.

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
I got my medicals done on 5th January and was called for sputum tests immediately for three consecutive days. I filed my application and uploaded the emedical sheet that was provided to me by IOM.

Now since the sputum test results will not arrive until March, i was just worried whether this will delay processing time by 2 months for me. I have mostly seen people having their application status changed first time only after Medicals are passed and they get the UCI number only after background check is started and medicals are passed.

What should i expect in my case? Will i get the UCI number and CIC will process my application until they receive medical results from IOM? As per IOM, they will only forward results of my complete medical when they have sputum test results in hand.
Can anyone please shed some light on this situation?

IOM forwarded my results to CIC on 16th January. The Sputum Smear results were negative. Culture results will arrive in around 6-8 weeks.

Reactions: anju355

anju355

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-04-2018
File Transfer...
12-07-2018
Hi,

Anyone please reply to this.

I am also in same boat. :(

krana85

Oct 25, 2018
Can anyone please shed some light on this situation?

IOM forwarded my results to CIC on 16th January. The Sputum Smear results were negative. Culture results will arrive in around 6-8 weeks.
Hi rehana, have u got any update on ur file, plz guide me.. im in similar situation too.

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Hi rehana, have u got any update on ur file, plz guide me.. im in similar situation too.
Hi, My medical was passed after three months immediately after they called for another xray and i got visa within 3 months after medical passed. Details in my signature.