+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will VR denial affect the US ESTA application????

Martin2022

Oct 4, 2022
I got a VR denial 2 years ago which was during COVID-19, IRCC always took 5-6 months to deal with the VR application.
The reason is when the Canada immigration officer reviewed my VR application, I had already left Canada by then and I informed the officer I did not need this VR anymore.
I will submit an ESTA application. Will this denial affect the US ESTA application even though there is no question asking me to disclose non-US visa records?
Will US system automatically reject the ESTA application because of this Canada VR denial history?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I got a VR denial 2 years ago which was during COVID-19, IRCC always took 5-6 months to deal with the VR application.
The reason is when the Canada immigration officer reviewed my VR application, I had already left Canada by then and I informed the officer I did not need this VR anymore.
I will submit an ESTA application. Will this denial affect the US ESTA application even though there is no question asking me to disclose non-US visa records?
Will US system automatically reject the ESTA application because of this Canada VR denial history?
You should find a USA immigration forum to ask your questions. This one is for people coming TO Canada,