+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will this work experience create problems for my student visa?

bloomkq8

Nov 12, 2018
I finished my undergraduate studies this year from UAE and now I am planning on applying for masters in Canada. I finished my high school in Kuwait and for majority of the university life, I was on a student visa in Kuwait however just 2 months before graduation. I got employed at my dad's company and my visa changed to work visa. In the beginning since I was still studying in UAE, I would be given the work to do online and arrange skype conversations. Later on in June when I finished my studies and got back, I started going to office and everything.
Will the fact that I got employed while studying full-time create problems for my student visa for canada? Can you help me understand what I need to do. Thanks

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
I finished my undergraduate studies this year from UAE and now I am planning on applying for masters in Canada. I finished my high school in Kuwait and for majority of the university life, I was on a student visa in Kuwait however just 2 months before graduation. I got employed at my dad's company and my visa changed to work visa. In the beginning since I was still studying in UAE, I would be given the work to do online and arrange skype conversations. Later on in June when I finished my studies and got back, I started going to office and everything.
Will the fact that I got employed while studying full-time create problems for my student visa for canada? Can you help me understand what I need to do. Thanks
No, it wont! Students can work part-time while they are studying. Its quite normal.

bloomkq8

Nov 12, 2018
No, it wont! Students can work part-time while they are studying. Its quite normal.
Thing is, I started the work in Kuwait whereas I was studying in UAE... But yea like I mentioned, it only started when I was almost done with college and while I was studying in UAE, all the work I had to do, I could do it online and arrange skype conversations with no issues. I am only concerned that they will reject me based on the fact that I got employed in a Kuwait while doing my last few weeks of studying in a different country (UAE). But you think this wont create any issues?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Thing is, I started the work in Kuwait whereas I was studying in UAE... But yea like I mentioned, it only started when I was almost done with college and while I was studying in UAE, all the work I had to do, I could do it online and arrange skype conversations with no issues. I am only concerned that they will reject me based on the fact that I got employed in a Kuwait while doing my last few weeks of studying in a different country (UAE). But you think this wont create any issues?
Well, people do work remotely. sometimes in the same country and sometimes from different countries. If you have all the required docs that prove that you did work for them then just explain in the SOP.