+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will the withdraw of my citizenship application affect my husband's application?

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
My husband and I applied together two years ago and he already passed the citizenship test last month. I will attend mine in two weeks. Now I am planning to withdraw my application after the test (due to a conflict of my nationality status at my workplace). I Googled and searched on CIC website and could not find the relevant information - if I withdraw mine, will my decision affect his application?

Thanks!

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
No need to withdraw now. You can wait until you both receive oath letters first.... then withdraw.... you won't be a canadian citizen until you take the oath.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
arambi said:
No need to withdraw now. You can wait until you both receive oath letters first.... then withdraw.... you won't be a canadian citizen until you take the oath.
Thank you, arambi. Will my withdraw affect my husband? If I stay in Canada and re-apply in 5 years, will my withdraw let me pay back later?

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
fallsage said:
Thank you, arambi. Will my withdraw affect my husband? If I stay in Canada and re-apply in 5 years, will my withdraw let me pay back later?
Theorically, withdrawing your application should NOT affect your husband's application. But in practice, who knows?

To play safe, I will wait untill we both receive oath letters... then withdraw.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
arambi said:
Theorically, withdrawing your application should NOT affect your husband's application. But in practice, who knows?

To play safe, I will wait untill we both receive oath letters... then withdraw.
Thanks a lot!