+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will the polio matter in getting canadian work permit

vedmap

Apr 4, 2012
Hello..
I have a problem.i have polio in my left leg is affected by polio, when I was in age of one, In my medicals the doctor asked me the same reason and they mentioned details like the operations done for my leg.i am able to do all household works my self without any support like i can walk and run freely.i can carry heavy items without any help,climb up and down stairs and other daily day works.

In this case CIC will reject application if the applicant is disabled. My left leg is affected with polio when i was kid. Please advice if you know any info on this ?

ethels

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
17-08-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011 (Processing started on 12-12-2011)
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
03-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011 (ECAS updated to Med received on 12/12/2011)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2012
LANDED..........
02-2012
They did medical exam to see

1.) if you will be a burden to the healthcare system --> require constant medical attention? (Cancer?)
2.) you have health risk to the society --> contagious disease? (STD, TBC)

I suppose if Polio is neither then you're fine.

Sairam

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
vedmap said:
Hello..
I have a problem.i have polio in my left leg is affected by polio, when I was in age of one, In my medicals the doctor asked me the same reason and they mentioned details like the operations done for my leg.i am able to do all household works my self without any support like i can walk and run freely.i can carry heavy items without any help,climb up and down stairs and other daily day works.

In this case CIC will reject application if the applicant is disabled. My left leg is affected with polio when i was kid. Please advice if you know any info on this ?
Hi,
My friend's spouse has a polio too that caused her right leg affected but She does not have functional dependence. She is working on nursing profession for the last six years without any difficulty.I would like to know how your medical condition was determined by CIC. Did your case approve? Plz. reply me as your reply would be concrete in determining my friend's case.

Sep 26, 2015
HI,

I too have same issue. I was affected by polio when i was 7 months kid. my left leg is affected but I am normal and doing things independently.

Can you please let me know if there is any problem or possible rejection from CIC.

Thanks,
Rosario

rav1448

Feb 8, 2021
Hi All,

I have polio in my left leg but I don't have any difficulty in walking or doing any physical activities.

My AOR date for my express entry profile is December 19th 2020 and biometric got completed on January 25 2021.
But my medical is still under review. As I know they pass medical first then they go for biometric.
Below is message on my profile:
Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results

We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.

Review of additional documents Help - Review of additional documents

We do not need additional documents.

Interview Help - Interview

You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics Help - Biometrics

January 25, 2021 Completed.

Background check Help - Background check

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Help - Final decision

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

How long does it take to clear medical in this case??