+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will the August 6th deadline be upheld for non-SDS applications in India?

Jul 30, 2021
Have to decide whether I need to apply for a deferral ASAP but hanging on until August 6th to see if I receive a decision.

For reference, I submitted my application in mid-Feb but my medical wasn't updated until late June so I'm not certain that the August 6th deadline will apply to me (I was assured by a counselor at my DLI that it would but IRCC has provided no such confirmation). Besides the fact that decisions are been given seemingly randomly (lots of people who applied in June and July seem to have received decisions but very few who applied early have) makes me skeptical about the August 6th deadline being upheld. Hoping that it is because I really, really do NOT want to defer for another year (my program does not allow me to join late and there is no Jan intake). What do you all think? Fingers crossed for all of us!!

Last edited:

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
If your medical and biometrics were done before May 15, you should be included in the August 6 deadline even if the medical showed passed later on.

paragin

Jul 31, 2021
I am in a similar situation, submitted my application on 26th March, medicals approved on 6th May along with BVL on 7th May. Haven't received any decision till now.

Will i have to apply for a new study permit in case I defer my program? My program does not have Jan intake.

Jul 30, 2021
I am in a similar situation, submitted my application on 26th March, medicals approved on 6th May along with BVL on 7th May. Haven't received any decision till now.

Will i have to apply for a new study permit in case I defer my program? My program does not have Jan intake.
No, you would have to submit a new Letter of Acceptance to IRCC via webform, not restart the application process. Also, if you got everything done by 15th (biometrics and medical), then you're in a better position than I am since the Aug 6th deadline applies to you (ofc the jury is still out on whether it will be enforced or not but still)

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Students and their accompanying family have been exempted from restrictions and termed as non-discretionary travellers for many months now, so what are you talking about?
If you aren't unaware, there has been ban on direct flights from India that was recently extended 21st of august when most of the Unis are planning for classes on campus. Sure all students must be able to travel within 10 days to make it to class IF they lift the so called ban. If you're gonna say tAkE tHe iNdIrEcT rOuTe then I got news for u, not every student is a millionaire apparently. No point in giving out SP for Indian students and building false hope atleast.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
If you aren't unaware, there has been ban on direct flights from India that was recently extended 21st of august when most of the Unis are planning for classes on campus. Sure all students must be able to travel within 10 days to make it to class IF they lift the so called ban. If you're gonna say tAkE tHe iNdIrEcT rOuTe then I got news for u, not every student is a millionaire apparently. No point in giving out SP for Indian students and building false hope atleast.
You do know that IRCC has nothing to do with the current flight ban on India? That is a decision made by separate govt bodies and not immigration and it affects anyone wanting to travel out of India not just students.

IRCC officers will continue to do their job and issue PPRs as long as their offices in India are opened for business. Your argument is baseless.

Reactions: RumezaJ

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
You do know that IRCC has nothing to do with the current flight ban on India? That is a decision made by separate govt bodies and not immigration and it affects anyone wanting to travel out of India not just students.

IRCC officers will continue to do their job and issue PPRs as long as their offices in India are opened for business. Your argument is baseless.
I'm sure that's how they see it with 0 foresight. The "baseless" nature of my argument I mean. But is it really? Only people who are actually put in that situation will see the merit in that argument. I mean logically from their standpoint any delay in issuing SP would mean Unis would have to offer deferrals to students which would mean they continue to lose money. But you'd be terribly wrong to think that they are doing what they are doing out of goodwill or anything.