+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will the 1977 law effect my canadian citizenship certificate app.?

Rayjrango

Mar 8, 2016
The love of my life lives in Ottawa and she and I found out that if one of my parents was born in Canada then that makes me a first generation canadian citizen, because my father was born in Prince edward island, Canada. I recently applied for my citizenship certificate. However I did some research and found out that if a canadian citizen obtained another citizenship before 02/14/1977, then he was forced to give up his canadian citizenship, which he did obtain his US citizenship in 1967 if I recall correctly. Will this affect my proof of citizenship application?

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayjrango said:
The love of my life lives in Ottawa and she and I found out that if one of my parents was born in Canada then that makes me a first generation canadian citizen, because my father was born in Prince edward island, Canada. I recently applied for my citizenship certificate. However I did some research and found out that if a canadian citizen obtained another citizenship before 02/14/1977, then he was forced to give up his canadian citizenship, which he did obtain his US citizenship in 1967 if I recall correctly. Will this affect my proof of citizenship application?
Citizenship laws were modified as of 2009 (and again in 2015). You may not have realized it, but on April 17, 2009, you "woke up Canadian": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDeDQpIQFD0

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
Getting ready to move when Trump wins? ;D
I moved during the G.W. Bush years. I though he was bad, but who knew how much worse it could get?!!!