+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will raising a CSE cause a ghost update?

huzm

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
I raised a CSE recently and got the email reply yesterday morning. The email said "they have verified the information that I provided and the document was forwarded to responsible office". Tonight, when I logged into my account, I saw a ghost update in my account. Is it normal?

BTW: I was in IP2 together with my MEP on July 24th. Thanks!

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
I raised a CSE recently and got the email reply yesterday morning. The email said "they have verified the information that I provided and the document was forwarded to responsible office". Tonight, when I logged into my account, I saw a ghost update in my account. Is it normal?

It's a mere coincidence that you received ghost update following your CSE. But I guess PPR is nearby. Congrats.

Reactions: CarlCoco

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......

Acknowledgement of CSE/ service means - the relevant documents is/ are validated by the Agent, and are forwarded to the VISA office (wherever the applicant - PR application is being processed)
Ghost Update means - something is updated in your application by the VISA officer (whoever is reviewing your application; sometimes he is one finalizing your application, if the application is finalized at the same office) and not the analyst- who initially reviews your application and recommends notes to the case/ visa officer.

I think your application is updated by the VISA officer, and mostly you are very close to completion of your PR application processing i believe. between, what is the information you have supplied thru the CSE web form request. Good luck @huzm

And as per my personal experience, raising a CSE kicks in a review by the analyst. If the information supplied thru CSE is mandatory/ required for your application processing, then well and fine.
Otherwise, lets say the application is close to completion (we never know, unless confirmed by IRCC Customer care/ GCMS notes), additional unnecessary information supplied thru CSE will delay the application processing. Due to additional reviews the application will go back into the long line of application backlog.

Last edited:

huzm

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Acknowledgement of CSE/ service means - the relevant documents is/ are validated by the Agent, and are forwarded to the VISA office (wherever the applicant - PR application is being processed)
Ghost Update means - something is updated in your application by the VISA officer (whoever is reviewing your application; sometimes he is one finalizing your application, if the application is finalized at the same office) and not the analyst- who initially reviews your application and recommends notes to the case/ visa officer.

I think your application is updated by the VISA officer, and mostly you are very close to completion of your PR application processing i believe. between, what is the information you have supplied thru the CSE web form request. Good luck @huzm

And as per my personal experience, raising a CSE kicks in a review by the analyst. If the information supplied thru CSE is mandatory/ required for your application processing, then well and fine.
Otherwise, lets say the application is close to completion (we never know, unless confirmed by IRCC Customer care/ GCMS notes), additional unnecessary information supplied thru CSE will delay the application processing. Due to additional reviews the application will go back into the long line of application backlog.
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. I called the CIC this Tuesday. The agent said my eligibility was passed. But I haven’t finished my security check. Yesterday, got another ghost update. Let’s see what will be coming.

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. I called the CIC this Tuesday. The agent said my eligibility was passed. But I haven’t finished my security check. Yesterday, got another ghost update. Let’s see what will be coming.
May be, the agent helping you with providing updates might not have access to latest information. Security information might be updated only recently.

Second ghost update is encouraging. Seems like you are very very close.. wish you all the best @huzm

Saad1993

Star Member
May 9, 2017
I also had 2 ghost updates. Second was on 20th august. Waiting since then. Please let us know when you get PPR?

Elenyan

May 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-05-2018
Med's Done....
09-05-2018
I also had 2 ghost updates. Second was on 20th august. Waiting since then. Please let us know when you get PPR?
Hi! I also received my second ghost update today. It has been more than two weeks since yours.. Have things moved for you?

Elenyan

May 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-05-2018
Med's Done....
09-05-2018

Hi! How are things?