+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will PR application be rejected if dependant does not do medicals

Razsab

Mar 4, 2014
Hello,

I have applied for Permanent Residency through the CEC class and have added my spouse as a dependant.

And I received the request for medical test last month for me and my spouse.

I was able to complete my medical exam but due to some unavoidable personal emergency he is not able to do so.

My question is will my application will be put on hold or rejected just because he is not doing his medicals

Please let me know asap

Thank You

PS: How do they request for the passport and how long does it take.

R0ger

Star Member
Nov 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I strongly suggest that you get in touch with the CIC office and discuss the situation. Medicals need to be done within 60 days. If you (or your spouse, who is processed together with your own application) cannot do his medicals in this time frame, the whole application for both of you is at risk of being refused.

I would expect that you will need to substantiate the "unavoidable personal emergency".

Razsab

Mar 4, 2014
Thank You R0ger

I did get in touch with them and they suggested i send an email to ottpilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca

which i did just few minutes back.

What would be other option. Could i ask him to do medicals now and could we hold his application before they request for passport

R0ger

Star Member
Nov 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no other option. CIC will certainly not issue a Passport Request until both your medicals are on file with them.

Right now your application is on hold awaiting both your medicals. The 60d clock is ticking. Your medical is already on file, I presume, but his isn't. If your spouse's medical arrives, processing will continue. If it doesn't arrive within 60d, the application for both of you will be rejected.

Waiting brings no benefit. Ideally, your spouse should do his medicals ASAP. Only then will your case be processed further.

sam.ums

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Hi there ....few months back one of my friend was also in similiar stage so i know its very complicated issue because he was in very depressed stage so he contacted the lawyer & he told him that spouse have to do medicals but if he wants to remove his dependent from the application after the medicals he have to send the legally separated certificates or affidavit Thats the only way spouse no need to do medicals.
But i dont know about your just wanna give some advice which i seen before with my friend.
Hopefully u will get positive response
Good luck

quote author=Razsab
link=topic=188388.msg2951566#msg2951566 date=1393963728]
Thank You R0ger

I did get in touch with them and they suggested i send an email to ottpilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca

What would be other option. Could i ask him to do medicals now and could we hold his application before they request for passport
[/quote]

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
sam.ums said:
Hi there ....few months back one of my friend was also in similiar stage so i know its very complicated issue because he was in very depressed stage so he contacted the lawyer & he told him that spouse have to do medicals but if he wants to remove his dependent from the application after the medicals he have to send the legally separated certificates or affidavit Thats the only way spouse no need to do medicals.
But i dont know about your just wanna give some advice which i seen before with my friend.
Hopefully u will get positive response
Good luck
That would only work if he really was separated from his spouse and never wanted to sponsor her for PR in the future. Otherwise it's misrepresentation and serious consequences in the future.

Alberto945

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
07-02-2014
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
CPR 23-03-2015
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 Finally
What kind of emergency is that? You need to have it done or your application will be rejected.

sam.ums

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Yes he knows abt that fact as they both are legal separated & send the mail to cic with the separation documents to remove her nsme from the application so thats why he did only his medicals.
He did not hide anything from cic as he inform them the status & dont wanna sponser her in future as they are in process to get the divorce right now.
Thanks life teaches everyone so many things.

zardoz said:
That would only work if he really was separated from his spouse and never wanted to sponsor her for PR in the future. Otherwise it's misrepresentation and serious consequences in the future.

sam.ums

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Any reply you gets from cic ....
Share your ecperience
[qeuote author=Razsab link=topic=188388.msg2951566#msg2951566 date=1393963728]
Thank You R0ger

I did get in touch with them and they suggested i send an email to ottpilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca

[/quote]

maynald

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
25-01-2014
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
Razsab,I dont understand why cant he do medical,obviously hes not pregnant cause hes a male,if you dont mind,can you tell us the reason?