+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will OINP Transfer my nomination?

Pattyt

Aug 31, 2022
Hi! I received a nomination in May 2022 and an invitation to apply for PR in June. So I submitted all the required documents. However, since I live in USA I got the police certificate from the county because I didn't know that I need to get it from the FBI, the website wasn't working back when I applied. So they sent me a rejection letter. Is there a way to appeal? Also, I am willing to submit a new application but will OINP accept to link my nomination to my new application after I got rejected? I am also trying to create a new application but the old one (that was rejected) is still "in progress", the systemic not allowing me to create a new application. How long will it take to update the status of my application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi! I received a nomination in May 2022 and an invitation to apply for PR in June. So I submitted all the required documents. However, since I live in USA I got the police certificate from the county because I didn't know that I need to get it from the FBI, the website wasn't working back when I applied. So they sent me a rejection letter. Is there a way to appeal? Also, I am willing to submit a new application but will OINP accept to link my nomination to my new application after I got rejected? I am also trying to create a new application but the old one (that was rejected) is still "in progress", the systemic not allowing me to create a new application. How long will it take to update the status of my application?
There's nothing to appeal since you submitted the wrong document for the police check. You were correctly refused.

Yes, OINP will allow you to link your nomination to your new application.

I don't know how long it takes for the status on your application to update. Hopefully others will comment and answer that question.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Why would they re-open your application? Don't waste their time. You failed to provide a complete application - you should know by now just how strict the provinces and Feds are with criminality. They don't have time to re-open individual cases unless they made a mistake. To be blunt there is plenty of information about the necessity of a police check for a complete application, they just won't accept any excuses anymore. You probably should have waited till you got it.

I'd suggest calling OINP to see if they can fix the status issue faster.

dp83123

Aug 31, 2023
Were you able to get OINP transfer done for new profile?