+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my work permit rejection interfere my visitor visa?

blusky

Dec 6, 2013
Hi, I just got denied for a work permit as a live-in caregiver. But I am planning to study English for 6 months in Vancouver. As I know that you do not need to apply for the study permit if you study less than 6 months, but you do need to apply for the visitor visa. My question is: will my work permit rejection interfere my visitor visa? Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - it may have an impact. To be approved for a visitor visa, you must be able to prove that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. If you have been refused for a work permit and are now attempting to come to Canada using a visitor visa, CIC may think you are trying to find a way of staying in Canada long term.

Are you going to say that you reason for visiting Canada is to study English? If so, that's likely going to look like a pretty weak explanation (why spend so much money to come to Canada to study English when you can easily do it elsewhere for far less money?) - and will likely make CIC suspect even more that you are trying to find a way to stay in Canada long term.

If you want to come as a student then I would recommend that you enroll in a real diploma / degree that makes sense in light of your past education and experience and come here on a proper student visa.

blusky

Dec 6, 2013
scylla said:
Yes - it may have an impact. To be approved for a visitor visa, you must be able to prove that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. If you have been refused for a work permit and are now attempting to come to Canada using a visitor visa, CIC may think you are trying to find a way of staying in Canada long term.

Are you going to say that you reason for visiting Canada is to study English? If so, that's likely going to look like a pretty weak explanation (why spend so much money to come to Canada to study English when you can easily do it elsewhere for far less money?) - and will likely make CIC suspect even more that you are trying to find a way to stay in Canada long term.

If you want to come as a student then I would recommend that you enroll in a real diploma / degree that makes sense in light of your past education and experience and come here on a proper student visa.
Thanks scylla!