+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my spouse receive AOR? I need her UCI (CEC)

penthouse99

Apr 12, 2014
Here's my story:

1. I've submitted CEC application in Feb 2014. I included my dependent in Generic application form for Canada(IMM0008). I paid $1100 as processing fee since I added my wife as a dependent. I'm expecting my wife will get PR as well.

2. I've received my AOR in early March through my email. Only my UCI and application # was included. I can check my status CIC online. I assumed my wife will be having same UCI as mine.

3. I need to apply Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP). I was going to include my UCI number in the explanation letter to prove both myself and my wife is under PR process. But I heard from someone that we were supposed to have separate UCI from CIC. I checked my CIC online and it only shows CIC received an application under my name. I tried my wife's info with my UCI but it didn't work out. I haven't received any letter or email from CIC other than the only AOR I've got.

4. I researched more and it seems like UCI email sent for only one applicant happens quite often. My wife is currently abroad and will be back in a few months. We want to submit BOWP ASAP before her temporary visa expires in July, so she wouldn't have trouble in border service. I don't wanna screw things up and I wanna prove her PR application is in process.

Here's my question. Do you think my wife's application is being processed? Will I be able to get my wife's UCI from CIC call center?
FYI, CIC's email including UCI and application numbers below:

----------------------------------------------------
6 March 2014

UCI: XXXXXXXX
*XXXXXXXX*

Application: EXXXXXXXXX
*EXXXXXXXXX*

***** *** (My name):

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class.
Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).
Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.
Any future correspondence should be sent to the visa office as indicated on your application. Your reference (application) number is located below the date of this letter. You must quote this reference number in any future correspondence.

X This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 authorizing CIC to take payment of processing fees using the credit card details provided. Please be informed that we processed a payment of 1100 Canadian dollars on this credit card (ending in ####). Your receipt number is XXXXXXXXX. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

-----------------------------

resubmitmypr

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
10-10-2013
Med's Request
15-03-2014
Med's Done....
17-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-04-2014
Only the principal applicant is issued the AoR by CIC. This should be proof enough that you have applied for PR.

As a principal applicant, only you are eligible for BOWP, your spouse is not. However, your spouse can apply for her visitor visa / open WP extension based on your BOWP. You can apply for both BOWP for yourself and WP/visitor visa extension for your spouse together online on CIC website.

You can find the UCI (Client ID) number for your spouse on the WP/Visitor record she has received when entering Canada. She can also obtain the same by calling CIC call center.

penthouse99

Apr 12, 2014
resubmitmypr said:
Only the principal applicant is issued the AoR by CIC. This should be proof enough that you have applied for PR.

As a principal applicant, only you are eligible for BOWP, your spouse is not. However, your spouse can apply for her visitor visa / open WP extension based on your BOWP. You can apply for both BOWP for yourself and WP/visitor visa extension for your spouse together online on CIC website.

You can find the UCI (Client ID) number for your spouse on the WP/Visitor record she has received when entering Canada. She can also obtain the same by calling CIC call center.
Thank you. You are right@resubmitmypr. UCI, which is permanent and same as ClientID. was indicated on her Visitor Record(visitor permit).
I will call CIC and find out if CIC can issue AOR on my wife's title. That'll be the best I think. She isn't fluent in English, and she's paranoid if she gets questioned by CIC Border service at the airport since she has no proof with her being on CEC process.

Other than that, do you think she's definitely included with my CEC application as a PR applicant, by being a dependent of mine? Also, are we sharing same application number? I tried her UCI and my application # for online application status check, but her info didn't show up. I have no idea why her application status doesn't show up with her UCI nor CEC application #.

For people who read this thread regarding to BOWP-

To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, the applicants must:
- Currently be in Canada;
- Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months; <---My wife isn't eligible because she isn't a work permit holder.
- Have received confirmation from CIC that their permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four Economic Classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
- Have made an application for an open work permit.

matrix21

Jan 21, 2015
Regina, SK, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
Hi,

I am sorry to bother you but want to know what did you do with your wife's application?

I am also in same situation we have applied for cec and not recieved AOR but i have 10 yr muliple entry visitor visa and open work permit which expires on feb 2015.

Thank you in advance.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
penthouse99 said:
I will call CIC and find out if CIC can issue AOR on my wife's title. That'll be the best I think. She isn't fluent in English, and she's paranoid if she gets questioned by CIC Border service at the airport since she has no proof with her being on CEC process.

the AOR is sent to the principal applicant. Period. Your wife can have a copy of the AOR which has the file number, it's all that is needed to verify that your wife is a co-applicant.

But - I don't understand the purpose. Having a PR application in process does not give you any status in Canada, and there is no reason why anyone at the border would want proof of this. What they will want is proof of valid temporary status (work permit, visitors permit).

Other than that, do you think she's definitely included with my CEC application as a PR applicant,

You would know if you submitted all the required documents for your wife. You can also order your GCMS notes to verify she is included.

Also, are we sharing same application number?
There is only one application, one file number.

I tried her UCI and my application # for online application status check, but her info didn't show up. I have no idea why her application status doesn't show up with her UCI nor CEC application #.

Application is associated with the principal applicant, not co-applicants.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
penthouse99 said:
3. I need to apply Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP). I was going to include my UCI number in the explanation letter to prove both myself and my wife is under PR process. But I heard from someone that we were supposed to have separate UCI from CIC. I checked my CIC online and it only shows CIC received an application under my name. I tried my wife's info with my UCI but it didn't work out. I haven't received any letter or email from CIC other than the only AOR I've got.

... We want to submit BOWP ASAP before her temporary visa expires in July, so she wouldn't have trouble in border service. I don't wanna screw things up and I wanna prove her PR application is in process.
Your wife is not eligible for a BOWP, only the principal applicant. You are eligible for the BOWP if your current work permit will expire within 4 months...

Your wife is eligible for a spouse's open work permit based on your BOWP. You can submit her application along with your application for the BOWP at the same time.