+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my entire spousal application be returned if I forgot to include PCC?

HopefulLegend

Star Member
May 21, 2021
I forgot to include the police clearance certificate when sending my outland spousal application. Will IRCC return the entire application or will they simply request me to send just the PCC? I feel like it would be pretty brutal if they just returned the entire application because of this :(

Last edited:

frange

May 25, 2018
I forgot to include the police clearance certificate when sending my spousal application. I sent it last month. Will IRCC return the entire application or will they simply request me to send just the PCC? I feel like it would be pretty brutal if they just returned the entire application because of this :(
It depends on the country. It is required upfront for certain countries, others NO. If required for your country; yes it will be returned to you by regular mail. Do you try to get a temporary number(XF) from IRCC? If so, you can update your file with the PCC before they process it.

HopefulLegend

Star Member
May 21, 2021
It depends on the country. It is required upfront for certain countries, others NO. If required for your country; yes it will be returned to you by regular mail. Do you try to get a temporary number(XF) from IRCC? If so, you can update your file with the PCC before they process it.
Yes, it's definitely required by the country (India) upfront. Is there any chance they could just request me to send the PCC after? Second question, do they also return the application if an incorrect PCC is sent with the application?

bian07

May 19, 2017
I feel like it probably won't be returned in full? If you forgot to attach one, they can request it. If you attached an incorrect one, can't they simply ask for one with a different format/one from a different agency?

Any thoughts guys?
They sometimes request one if it was forgotten. But thats rare, the chances that they will just return it are incredibly high.

frange

May 25, 2018
They sometimes request one if it was forgotten. But thats rare, the chances that they will just return it are incredibly high.
Without a note explaining why it is missed, they return it right away. The chance is high, incredibly high like you said.

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
I forgot to include the police clearance certificate when sending my outland spousal application. Will IRCC return the entire application or will they simply request me to send just the PCC? I feel like it would be pretty brutal if they just returned the entire application because of this :(
U could send a webform if your Application is received already just add as much information about your application u possibly can they may able to locate it write a explanation letter as well an u can also photocopy the police certificate and attach it to the webform, not saying it won't be return but this method can help because I have done this without a application number for my file previously

Nov 1, 2020
Nobodies answered this yet. If we attach an incorrect PCC, for example one which only covers say one state in India, will this also result in a returned application? Or will they contact me requesting for a different PCC? Any thoughts?

This is such a brutal process.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Nobodies answered this yet. If we attach an incorrect PCC, for example one which only covers say one state in India, will this also result in a returned application? Or will they contact me requesting for a different PCC? Any thoughts?

This is such a brutal process.
Which is your situation, you have given us 2 scenarios now, no PCC included or the wrong one?

Hard to say but if you submitted a PCC but the wrong type they might request that you get the proper one, Did it specify what type of PCC they wanted on your checklist, have you applied for the correct one? If you want better input from the forum you have to give more information with your question.

Nov 1, 2020
Which is your situation, you have given us 2 scenarios now, no PCC included or the wrong one?

Hard to say but if you submitted a PCC but the wrong type they might request that you get the proper one, Did it specify what type of PCC they wanted on your checklist, have you applied for the correct one? If you want better input from the forum you have to give more information with your question.
Gotcha. I think the original poster is the one who forgot to attach theirs. Me and my wife believe that we gave the wrong one because it's from a local police station in India as opposed to being one that is some kind of all inclusive one for the entire country. It's even more frustrating because IRCC's website literally says a PCC can be obtained from local police stations in India, but everyone on the forum says those aren't the valid type.

Will our application be returned? Or could they request us to get a different type?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Gotcha. I think the original poster is the one who forgot to attach theirs. Me and my wife believe that we gave the wrong one because it's from a local police station in India as opposed to being one that is some kind of all inclusive one for the entire country. It's even more frustrating because IRCC's website literally says a PCC can be obtained from local police stations in India, but everyone on the forum says those aren't the valid type.

Will our application be returned? Or could they request us to get a different type?
Can't tell you, I don't know. Have to just hope they will request the one they want if it's different than what you provided.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Me and my wife believe that we gave the wrong one because it's from a local police station in India as opposed to being one that is some kind of all inclusive one for the entire country. It's even more frustrating because IRCC's website literally says a PCC can be obtained from local police stations in India, but everyone on the forum says those aren't the valid type.
I do not know but you're correct that the IRCC website says you can get from local police. Was it entitled Police Clearance Certificate?

Even if 'the forums' are correct, my guess is that it would not be returned if you included one (esp with same title) but instead ask you for the different one.

If it will help your peace of mind, apply online through the passport office and add it to your file using webform. That's about the best you can do right now even if not a guarantee.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
be prepared for the worst mate

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
I am assuming it would be return. We hit a problem with ours a while back where we couldn't confirm our application had been received or even where it was due to covid and post in May 2020. We ended up sending one back via courrier service to have a confirmation of delivery in August 2020 after neither PostNL or Canada Post could confirm where it was. We added a note as to why we were sending it again, which was our assumption that it had been lost due to what I mentioned and apologized if they had actually received it.

This worked out in our favour I guess (?) because they returned the original one in September due to missing payment fee receipt (which we were sure was in there). We ended up getting AOR in January 2021 because on the application received in August.

Since its almost certain they will return due to the PCC requirement, you might want to get ahead of it and either reach out through webform or even just re-send a package with a note explaining why you are resending.