+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WILL MY DEGREE BE RECOGNIZED

991Faisal

Mar 23, 2016
Hello Everyone

Im student in Saudi Arabia , Im wondering if my degree here will be recogniezed in Canada ..Since educational system is different from a place to another

and also is there certain professions they require?

thank you

991Faisal

Mar 23, 2016
dan_and said:
Once you are finished studying, you will have to get your degree evaluated to assess its equivalency to a Canadian degree.

WES is one such organisation that does this.

As for professions, there are currently no restrictions except for the fact that your work experience needs to be in skilled jobs.

I suggest you do a bit more research to understand the immigration system. Jump onto CIC's website and educate yourself.

But there is no guarantee that it will be equivalent to the Canadian degree !
if it doesn't they will give some courses, exams..etc .right ?

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
991Faisal said:
But there is no guarantee that it will be equivalent to the Canadian degree !
if it doesn't they will give some courses, exams..etc .right ?
Correct - no such guarantee, otherwise the whole process of getting an ECA would be pointless.

No, you will not get the chance to take additional courses or exams to improve your equivalency assessment.

You can, of course, study for an additional degree either abroad or in Canada, but that is entirely your choice. If you get another foreign degree, you will need to get it assessed, too.

991Faisal

Mar 23, 2016
Dexmoody said:
Correct - no such guarantee, otherwise the whole process of getting an ECA would be pointless.

No, you will not get the chance to take additional courses or exams to improve your equivalency assessment.

You can, of course, study for an additional degree either abroad or in Canada, but that is entirely your choice. If you get another foreign degree, you will need to get it assessed, too.
does the equivalency to complete your study (master, detorate) is the same equivalency to immigrate
because I have seen many students got their equivalent degree approved to study the master and doctorate abroad

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
991Faisal said:
does the equivalency to complete your study (master, detorate) is the same equivalency to immigrate
because I have seen many students got their equivalent degree approved to study the master and doctorate abroad
Logically speaking Canadian equivalency would be the same whether it is used for further studies or for immigration. Only difference could be in the fees for document by document evaluation vs course by course evaluation.

991Faisal

Mar 23, 2016
Stanlee said:
Logically speaking Canadian equivalency would be the same whether it is used for further studies or for immigration. Only difference could be in the fees for document by document evaluation vs course by course evaluation.
thank you a lot