+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my application be refused, Help! - Have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country

CShowe

Mar 29, 2023
Hi everyone, I hope you can help answer my question.

I'm currently going through my 2nd IEC visa through a recognized organization (Young Professional) and have a question related to the above. There is a question during the application that asks 'Have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?' I have selected 'yes' to this answer and given some detail about the reason but wanted to someone's opinion if they've heard of anyone's visa being rejected due to similar reasons (My application is still in process but I'm hoping this thread can ease off some anxiety I've been having, or make it worse....hopefully, the former!)

Bit of back story, In November of 2022 I attempted to cross the US land border (from Canada) and accidentally had a cannabis vape pen in the back of my card from a previous camping trip (this was a total oversight and completely forgot I had it in my car, but I was still refused entry nonetheless) and currently in the process of applying for a US visa waiver.

This is the first offence that's ever happened to me and have zero criminal charges / never been arrested with a clean record in the UK and for my time spent in Canada.

What are your thoughts on how border officials will react to this information, do you think I'll be refused due to this or since I've been honest, and since I've also not been criminally convicted, it should be fine?

Please help!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi everyone, I hope you can help answer my question.

I'm currently going through my 2nd IEC visa through a recognized organization (Young Professional) and have a question related to the above. There is a question during the application that asks 'Have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?' I have selected 'yes' to this answer and given some detail about the reason but wanted to someone's opinion if they've heard of anyone's visa being rejected due to similar reasons (My application is still in process but I'm hoping this thread can ease off some anxiety I've been having, or make it worse....hopefully, the former!)

Bit of back story, In November of 2022 I attempted to cross the US land border (from Canada) and accidentally had a cannabis vape pen in the back of my card from a previous camping trip (this was a total oversight and completely forgot I had it in my car, but I was still refused entry nonetheless) and currently in the process of applying for a US visa waiver.

This is the first offence that's ever happened to me and have zero criminal charges / never been arrested with a clean record in the UK and for my time spent in Canada.

What are your thoughts on how border officials will react to this information, do you think I'll be refused due to this or since I've been honest, and since I've also not been criminally convicted, it should be fine?

Please help!
This is the wrong forum, this is for Express entry, you might want to ask this in the relevant forums (temporary visa related forums) to get the best help :)