+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will it affect my Pr application under CEC if I get fired?

amar313

Nov 27, 2019
Hello Friends,

I am a PGWP holder, I recently finished my 1 year at my current company and applied for express entry PR and received an ITA under the CEC stream (NOC 1123).

I have already collected all of my 12 month pay stubs and gotten my experience letter from them [with all job responsibilities, hours worked per week, noc and my yearly salary ($29, 120) mentioned on the letter.]

My concern is that my current job is not going very good and my employers are taking advantage of my situation and over working and under paying me.

Since I decided to take a stand for myself, I have a feeling that they are on the verge of firing me. I was wondering if me loosing this job will have an effect on my application?

Also I get paid a salary for my job but it comes out be $14/hour (which is minimum wage in Ontario) for a 40 hour work week. My question is - Can this be used as grounds for rejection for my pr application? or is it that salary does not matter?

Any and all help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ochenta8

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
15 -July-2020
Med's Done....
20-Sept-2020
If you have the year min requirement & all your letters. Do whatever you want. Its no a requirement to be working under CEC in order to get your PR.

Salary is not a factor.

I will be in the same situation than you.
The different is that I quit my job before they take any action.

Reactions: amar313

amar313

Nov 27, 2019
I have heard from several sources that if the salary is below the industry standard then the application could be rejected.

The industry standard for my NOC is $17-20/hour

However my salary is only $14 (minimum wage in ontario)

Could this end up hurting my chances of getting pr?

a-imperator

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
I have heard from several sources that if the salary is below the industry standard then the application could be rejected.

The industry standard for my NOC is $17-20/hour

However my salary is only $14 (minimum wage in ontario)

Could this end up hurting my chances of getting pr?
You heard wrong. CIC don't care about how much you make as long as its made legally through a work permit and income taxes are paid.

amar313

Nov 27, 2019
Thank you so much for replying.

I have my T4 and all paystubs for the 12 months of me working which is on minimum wage($14/hour).

I also have my experience letter from my company which states

-yearly salary ($29,120)

-hours worked (40 hours/week)

-position (marketing coordinator + noc code 1123)

-job duties (all mentioned in the noc plus a few more which I have to complete in my position)

- I don’t have benefits so that’s not mentioned

-start date (30th October 2018)

-hr managers name, signature and contact card attached to the experience letter

will this be enough or would I need anything more?

thank you for the help again!

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
But if you quit, will you have to leave Canada and apply from your home country?

Or can you remain while your application is being processed?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yeah, if you have gained the experience legally and can prove it (letters, stubs etc) you will be fine.

sab2020

Mar 5, 2020
Hello Friends,

I am a PGWP holder, I recently finished my 1 year at my current company and applied for express entry PR and received an ITA under the CEC stream (NOC 1123).

I have already collected all of my 12 month pay stubs and gotten my experience letter from them [with all job responsibilities, hours worked per week, noc and my yearly salary ($29, 120) mentioned on the letter.]

My concern is that my current job is not going very good and my employers are taking advantage of my situation and over working and under paying me.

Since I decided to take a stand for myself, I have a feeling that they are on the verge of firing me. I was wondering if me loosing this job will have an effect on my application?

Also I get paid a salary for my job but it comes out be $14/hour (which is minimum wage in Ontario) for a 40 hour work week. My question is - Can this be used as grounds for rejection for my pr application? or is it that salary does not matter?

Any and all help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!