+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will i study high school again or?

Rajooby

Apr 4, 2019
Hello guys, I’m from Egypt coming very soon to make a refugee claim in Canada wishing all things go well, i can’t stay here anymore due to my personal case but i have a very important question, in case i got accepted with my case am i going to study high school again or i can continue my study as I’m a holder of an Egyptian University Certificate
( L.L.B) Bachelor in Law
Can anyone help my with understanding what gonna happen, because some people told me my education will be nothing when i go to Canada which is so disappointing to me.
Thank you in advance

Reactions: bruno afonji

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Law degrees require previous schooling and usually a full bachelors so you'll likely have to do an undergraduate degree if you are accepted as a protected person. Depending om your financial status you may have to work and save some\e money first.

Reactions: Rajooby

Rajooby

Apr 4, 2019
First Thank you,
L.L.B is already an Undergraduate degree
So you mean i will have to do it again but in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hadn't realized you had finished you LLB. Hard to say whether you just have to pass the bar. The Canadian legal education system is a bit of a mess because there are too many applicants and not enough articling positions. You'll likely have to do a 1 year course and then pass the bar as long as your LLB is deemed acceptable by whatever law society. There are a surplus of lawyers in Canada.

Reactions: Tuodolo

Rajooby

Apr 4, 2019
One more thing. Egyptian citizens are far from guaranteed asylum.
Excuse me why you say that Egyptians are far from granted asylum? In which cases your response is? I’m coming because of human rights and Particular social group and i know many have given asylum in the same category.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Excuse me why you say that Egyptians are far from granted asylum? In which cases your response is? I’m coming because of human rights and Particular social group and i know many have given asylum in the same category.
There was incorrect information spreading that Egyptians were guaranteed asylum and so some people did things like abandoning studies in Canada and filed for asylum and then got refused. It is always a case by case basis but even though there are problems in the country the majority of Egyptians would not qualify for asylum. It is always a case by case basis but you will find that many have not done research and don't have a good understanding on what is needed for asylum. Always want to discourage people from pursuing asylum unless they have exhausted all other immigration avenues. Many people seem to think this will also be a faster process partially because the 3 month hearing time is likely still posted online. Many are also unaware of the lasting consequences of a refused asylum case.

Rajooby

Apr 4, 2019
There was incorrect information spreading that Egyptians were guaranteed asylum and so some people did things like abandoning studies in Canada and filed for asylum and then got refused. It is always a case by case basis but even though there are problems in the country the majority of Egyptians would not qualify for asylum. It is always a case by case basis but you will find that many have not done research and don't have a good understanding on what is needed for asylum. Always want to discourage people from pursuing asylum unless they have exhausted all other immigration avenues. Many people seem to think this will also be a faster process partially because the 3 month hearing time is likely still posted online. Many are also unaware of the lasting consequences of a refused asylum case.
I’m sure it’s all about the case itself, maybe because a wrong understanding of the procedures or as u said false information they know about applying for asylum in general and it’s all about how real and suffering cases like some LGBTQI cases I think it worked for many people whey they submitted real and strong evidences

Last edited:

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
You have to take into consideration that, until you are accepted as a convention refugee, you need a study permit in order to study at any higher education institution. Moreover, you will have to pay exorbitant tuition fees as an international student.

Rajooby

Apr 4, 2019
You have to take into consideration that, until you are accepted as a convention refugee, you need a study permit in order to study at any higher education institution. Moreover, you will have to pay exorbitant tuition fees as an international student.
Yes i know all of that thank you.