+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I lose my PR status if I have been outside of Canada for 4 years?

Discussion in 'Permanent Residence in Canada' started by jun01, Jul 7, 2019.

  1. I turned 18 last month and I'm using my first opportunity to go to Canada - for my under graduation.
    I couldn't travel earlier as my mother was sick.
    I have my brother and uncle in Canada who are my local guardians and will be receiving me in the airport.
  2. Do you have a valid PR card?
  3. Yes I do.
  4. It expires on Sep 2020
  5. Yes you can attempt to come to Canada. You will be let in no matter what but you could be reported for not meeting your residency obligations. You should move to Canada as soon as possible.
  6. Thank you for your response, I will be moving in shortly.
    I was a minor before and turned 18 recently.
    And using my first opportunity to go to Canada
  7. You still have to meet a residency requirement so 2 years out of 5 years from the date you landed.

Share This Page