+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

will i loose my pr?

rusamd

Jul 15, 2012
hi all members,im from asian country and made refugee claim few years ago and accepted in 2010 and i got my PR recently,to get married i have to travel back to my country for a week,but after new immigration law(protecting canada's immigration system),im confused about my travel,i saw in cic web page following part "There is a concurrent loss of permanent resident status when the IRB finds, upon application by the Minister, a person has ceased to be a Convention refugee or a person in need of protection because, for example, they have returned to their country of origin (i.e., re-availed themselves of protection in their home country). But in cases where an individual’s protected person status has ceased due to a change in country conditions, loss of permanent resident status is not automatic. so my question is,if go back to my country for my wedding,will i loose my PR when i come back here?please help me?and any other good option for me?thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it is a bit risky. Could your fiance manage to come to Canada to get married or could you meet in a 3rd safe country and marry there?

rusamd

Jul 15, 2012
thanks leon,no she cant come here or its hard to get visa,ya we can arenge in 3rd country but its more expensive,also most of our famlily members want to take wedding there,so do u think that new law effect for pr holders also?pls reply,thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It looks bad for you if you say you are a refugee and that your life is in danger if you stay in your country but as soon as you are approved, you go back home like there is no problem. You realize it will look to immigration like you lied to them the whole time and they can revoke your PR. 3rd country is a better option.