+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will i go to canada

Faraz2840288

Nov 24, 2010
Hi I am a mother.I gave birth in canada my child(age 3 months) is citizen and is with me but I came back to my home country.Now my PR card is expired can I go to canada on the basis of nationality of my child

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No you cant, the child will have to sponsor you when they are 18 years old

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Faraz2840288 said:
Hi I am a mother.I gave birth in canada my child(age 3 months) is citizen and is with me but I came back to my home country.Now my PR card is expired can I go to canada on the basis of nationality of my child
No, you can not go to Canada on the basis of the nationality of your child.

If you have stayed in Canada at least 730 days in the past 5 years, you can apply for a travel document to return to Canada based on that. Once in Canada, you can apply to renew your PR card.

If you have not stayed in Canada for 730 days in the past 5 years but have a good reason why you didn't, taking care of a sick relative perhaps, you can try to apply for a travel document based on that.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
If you have not stayed in Canada for 730 days in the past 5 years but have a good reason why you didn't, taking care of a sick relative perhaps, you can try to apply for a travel document based on that.
How will Canada verify that in fact the person was sick? and to what extent help was needed? How will they access the seriousness of the situation to the extent a person who is a PR could not fulfill their residency obligations. In most third world countries you can get a fake doctors note saying your relatives were sick, and they needed care only by you and not anyone else, or relatives died of (whatever disease you want to specify the doctor will write it down) Don't you think Canada is taking a big risk by doing something like this, what constitutes to a legitimate case?

Sadly I know people who have not physically lived in Canada for 24 hours but have Canadian citizenship and its not because they were born here, its because the immigration system is so relaxed that its easy for people to take advantage of.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newtone said:
How will Canada verify that in fact the person was sick? and to what extent help was needed?
They have the option of considering humane and compassionate grounds for why someone had a hard time meeting the residency requirements. I do not know to what extent they ask for evidence of the humane and compassionate grounds. I am sure that at least a letter from a doctor will be required but they might well ask for more evidence such as lab reports, surgery reports, letters from more doctors etc.

I am sure some people use this to cheat on the residency requirements but they also do not want good potential immigrants to lose their PR because they felt they had the obligation to nurse a sick relative through a serious illness.

Waz

Sep 18, 2011
newtone said:
Sadly I know people who have not physically lived in Canada for 24 hours but have Canadian citizenship and its not because they were born here, its because the immigration system is so relaxed that its easy for people to take advantage of.
Please call 1-888-502-9060

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newtone said:
Maybe exit controls will start to reduce this...