+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I get my orignals transcript back

goodguy_inau

Feb 12, 2010
Hi friends

I am going to apply to visa office. According to the visa office instructions they demands originals transcripts and reference letters. I just want to know will I get my originals back or not. Please help. I only have one set of originals. Will I am going to get my originals back after application processing finsihed. pLease reply ?

Thanks

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
goodguy_inau said:
Hi friends

I am going to apply to visa office. According to the visa office instructions they demands originals transcripts and reference letters. I just want to know will I get my originals back or not. Please help. I only have one set of originals. Will I am going to get my originals back after application processing finsihed. pLease reply ?

Thanks

Sad to inform u that u will not get back yr original transcripts, thats why it is recommended that u request yr uni or college to send extra copies of the sealed or unopened transcripts so that u can send to the visa office. So be warned and do not just send in yr only copy if u do need them in the future!

nasj

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, in fact you are going to receive all your original Doc back when they will issue your PR Visa. they will send it with your stamped Passport.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Original Reference letter, I have read on forum that they send it back. If you don't get them you can request and you will get it.

Transcripts in University sealed envolope can be obatined in multiple copies and I doubt they will send them back

Pagal

Jan 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they definitly will send the originals back to you.
No question about that.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Make sure you attach a small sheet where its written: ORIGINAL COPY, PLEASE RETURN AFTER ASSESMENT

Enuf for the CHC officers to return them to you whether you get rejected ot not.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am afraid most of the people have not given here the right information.

It clearly says that you need to send "Original transcripts in a University sealed envelope". You need to contact your university and tell them that you need "Original transcripts in university sealed envelope for Immigration purpose to be submitted at Canadian High Commission". If your University is a legitimate one (which I am sure it is), they will know what it means. They will probably ask you to write an application for your request and your address where you want the envelope (with transcripts) to be delivered. When you receive the envelope DO NOT OPEN IT. Just send that envelope (with transcripts) with your other documents to local CHC office.

Why can't you send the original transcripts that you have: The whole purpose of CHC asking for transcripts in university sealed envelope is to avoid a degree fraud. Many people around forge degrees. So to avoid it, CHC wants the original transcripts DIRECTLY from the University in their own envelope.

Do not send your degree. You will not get them back. Contact your university and request them the needed stuff. That IS the right and required way of sending your transcripts.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
blueboy said:

It clearly says that you need to send "Original transcripts in a University sealed envelope". You need to contact your university and tell them that you need "Original transcripts in university sealed envelope for Immigration purpose to be submitted at Canadian High Commission". If your University is a legitimate one (which I am sure it is), they will know what it means. They will probably ask you to write an application for your request and your address where you want the envelope (with transcripts) to be delivered. When you receive the envelope DO NOT OPEN IT. Just send that envelope (with transcripts) with your other documents to local CHC office.

Why can't you send the original transcripts that you have: The whole purpose of CHC asking for transcripts in university sealed envelope is to avoid a degree fraud. Many people around forge degrees. So to avoid it, CHC wants the original transcripts DIRECTLY from the University in their own envelope.

Do not send your degree. You will not get them back. Contact your university and request them the needed stuff. That IS the right and required way of sending your transcripts.

Exactly, agreed 100%, this is what i said in the reply! Send in yr original transcripts that u have requested from the University or college that u have attended and it will not be returned to u once u have done that! Visa office did not and has not requested anyone to send in their diplomas, only their original transcripts in a sealed envelope from the direct from the University!

goodguy_inau

Feb 12, 2010
Thanks members for your reply

In my case I am in overseas and its not possible for me to go to my university. Can I send the notarize documents instead of originals in university sealed envelope. Have anyone done there processing by sending notarize documents instead of originals.

Thanks

manzoorhussain

Mar 7, 2009
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
goodguy_inau said:
Thanks members for your reply

In my case I am in overseas and its not possible for me to go to my university. Can I send the notarize documents instead of originals in university sealed envelope. Have anyone done there processing by sending notarize documents instead of originals.

Thanks
Dear do not get confused. They'll send back your transcripts, birth certificate(s), nikahnama (if you are married) to you. You need not to worry.

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree to some extent. But what if one cannot get the original transcripts. In my case, my university didn't use to provide English translation of transcripts so they only provided native language transcripts and not in sealed envelops. However, my university was (and is) well recognized and in fact I could get admission to some good Canadian universities based on my translated transcripts some years back.
I suppose the fact that one gets admission based on his/her transcripts and degrees to higher education levels (i.e. Master & PhD can somehow confirm the validity of transcripts.

blueboy said: