+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I be issued a new TRV?

Yueningwang

May 28, 2019
Dear all:

I am a Chinese citizen now studying at United States as a F1 student. I have a valid Canadian visitor visa through 2022. I am now applying study permit in United States. I wonder if I will still be issued a new TRV even though my current visitor visa is still valid. It is very important to know if my passport will be requested. I need to make travel plans accordingly. Thank you very much.

Yueningwang

May 28, 2019
Clarification is required. If you already have a TRV valid thru 2022, why would you require another one ?
I don’t think I need a new one.However, I just heard somebody said giving a TRV is a necessary step if I apply for initial study permit (I.e. old one would be cancelled ) Actually that is why I got confused. Is it possible that CIC just gave me a POE letter of introduction which is the only thing I need?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
What are you applying for ? You are studying in the USA, what are you going to be doing in Canada? Your TRV for Canada is valid till 2022, if you’re studying in Canada, then you’d need a study permit

Yueningwang

May 28, 2019
What are you applying for ? You are studying in the USA, what are you going to be doing in Canada? Your TRV for Canada is valid till 2022, if you’re studying in Canada, then you’d need a study permit
A study permit. I am going to attend graduate school there