+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I be given asylum? Urgent needed reply

remi89

Apr 23, 2018
Hi! I am currently a minor (17.5years old). I have always been on scholarships with excellent grades. My father belonged to a political group in Pakistan. He recently passed away leaving behind 2 wives and 8 children. My blood brothers are abroad struggling to be permanent in Australia and my blood sister is married. I am the only one here and have serious life threats from my step family who want to kill me and take my share of the property. I have a lot of police documentations and letters claiming that I am facing serious threats. My mom is here in Pakistan living with her family and can not travel as she is paralyzed and I have a B1/B2 USA visa. I want to travel to USA and cross borders illegally to Canada and ask for asylum for my self, as I have uncles and aunts there and I have no one to take care of me in USA. I have complete documentation to support my daily life threats in Pakistan, the only settled family I have is in Canada. Will I be granted entry as an asylum seeker there or not?

EDITED: I also have threats from other people here due to my father. My country's government is not ready to react my step family is very strong. Should I get a Canadian visa or is it okay if I cross borders? I am a minor with relatives only in Canada.

Last edited:

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi! I am currently a minor (17.5years old). I have always been on scholarships with excellent grades. My father belonged to a political group in Pakistan. He recently passed away leaving behind 2 wives and 8 children. My blood brothers are abroad struggling to be permanent in Australia and my blood sister is married. I am the only one here and have serious life threats from my step family who want to kill me and take my share of the property. I have a lot of police documentations and letters claiming that I am facing serious threats. My mom is here in Pakistan living with her family and can not travel as she is paralyzed and I have a B1/B2 USA visa. I want to travel to USA and cross borders illegally to Canada and ask for asylum for my self, as I have uncles and aunts there and I have no one to take care of me in USA. I have complete documentation to support my daily life threats in Pakistan, the only settled family I have is in Canada. Will I be granted entry as an asylum seeker there or not?

EDITED: I also have threats from other people here due to my father. My country's government is not ready to react my step family is very strong. Should I get a Canadian visa or is it okay if I cross borders? I am a minor with relatives only in Canada.
You don't need to cross the Canadian border illegally. If you have family already living in Canada, that exempts you from Safe 3rd Country Agreement so you can claim asylum directly at the US-Canada land border.You will need the information of your family in Canada, as CBSA will need to contact them to verify your relationship, and probably to see if they will care for you as you're a minor.

As to your actual refugee claim, I am not sure of your chances. I do know that personal family related threats are often much more difficult to get approved. I would engage with an immigration lawyer to help with your refugee claim after arriving in Canada.

Reactions: remi89

remi89

Apr 23, 2018
You don't need to cross the Canadian border illegally. If you have family already living in Canada, that exempts you from Safe 3rd Country Agreement so you can claim asylum directly at the US-Canada land border.You will need the information of your family in Canada, as CBSA will need to contact them to verify your relationship, and probably to see if they will care for you as you're a minor.

As to your actual refugee claim, I am not sure of your chances. I do know that personal family related threats are often much more difficult to get approved. I would engage with an immigration lawyer to help with your refugee claim after arriving in Canada.
Thank you so much. Just a little detail to add on, my threats are not solely family based. There are supposedly 'Captains' and other officials who want to take the advantage of our weakness, as they have taken over most our property and now have gun men usually standing in our garden. So i have more proof and police station scripts against these people than against my step family. Will having these make my case stronger or not?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This seems like more of a land dispute. Have you tried living in another area of Pakistan. If your brothers are having problems getting asylum in Aubstralia for the same reasons I would suspect that you would struggle as well. The acceptance rates for asylum for Pakistani citizens is not great.

remi89

Apr 23, 2018
This seems like more of a land dispute. Have you tried living in another area of Pakistan. If your brothers are having problems getting asylum in Aubstralia for the same reasons I would suspect that you would struggle as well. The acceptance rates for asylum for Pakistani citizens is not great.
No no! My brothers were not on asylum. They had students visa's and finished their education but now are finding jobs. The embassy did allow my younger brother to get on asylum but he cancelled it himself as he did not have to return to pakistan because he had a degree and could legally be on any companys work visa and believed asylum was for people who are more needy even though his documents were very strong and his case was cleared. Being in Pakistan itself is a threat for me now, and leaving my mom alone is tough but i have no way out. I cant go to my brothers as they are financially struggling and can not sponsor me. Before my sister was settled in Saudia Arabia so i use to live with her. Now as she has shifted away with her husband and kids i can not stay here any longer. I have legal papers regarding cases like firing around me or the threat of guns while i am out as i have recorded every incident to the police but they have failed to take action as they believe its tough to find the people who are against me as they are not one, they are many. Just because my dad was a politician. I am very surr my asylum will be accpeted i think. My main concern was if travelling through us-canada border or seeking asylum on the border is tougher or is it better i enter canada and then apply?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is best to go to a legal border since you have family in Canada. Best of luck it will be a long and difficult process. Just want to confirm that you will not be able to return to Pakistan for many many years without losing your asylum status in Canada.