+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I be eligible to apply an U.S. visa while I am still waiting inland?

brentlin

Jan 27, 2017
I am from a country that is required to get a visitor visa to enter the U.S., but my inland application is still in process. I haven't even gotten my open work visa yet. My status right now in Canada is visitor. Anyone know whether I am eligible to apply a visitor visa to travel in the U.S.? I know normally I should do that in my country.

And is it okay to travel to the U.S. for around one week and come back to Canada for an inlander?

Thanks you!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
You can, but remember, if you are denied re-entry to Canada for some reason, your app is cancelled.

brentlin

Jan 27, 2017
Sorry, a little bit confused. Do you mean that the US embassy will let me apply the visa here in Canada?

I understand the risk, thanks

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
brentlin said:
Sorry, a little bit confused. Do you mean that the US embassy will let me apply the visa here in Canada?

I understand the risk, thanks
Oh, I misunderstood your question. Yes, you can apply, but the process is more complicated. I don't know your home country, but I found this post on it: http://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/50501/can-i-apply-for-us-visa-while-i-am-a-visitor-in-canada

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
brentlin said:
I am from a country that is required to get a visitor visa to enter the U.S., but my inland application is still in process. I haven't even gotten my open work visa yet. My status right now in Canada is visitor. Anyone know whether I am eligible to apply a visitor visa to travel in the U.S.? I know normally I should do that in my country.

And is it okay to travel to the U.S. for around one week and come back to Canada for an inlander?

Thanks you!
yes, you can apply for a visitor visa to USA. I've done it (I had a WP with entry visa to Canada though).
here's the link, https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/categories-and-requirements/
you need to send your application online, then make an appointment in whatever city it's more convenient for you and show up for your appointment. It wasn't difficult at all. Let me know if you have any other questions

Reactions: tusiki125

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
abrakadabra said:
yes, you can apply for a visitor visa to USA. I've done it (I had a WP with entry visa to Canada though).
here's the link, https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/categories-and-requirements/
you need to send your application online, then make an appointment in whatever city it's more convenient for you and show up for your appointment. It wasn't difficult at all. Let me know if you have any other questions
Did they scrutinize you more for being in Canada? I assume if you show proof of a PR application that wouldn't be a big deal, compared to someone who is just visiting Canada.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
Aquakitty said:
Did they scrutinize you more for being in Canada? I assume if you show proof of a PR application that wouldn't be a big deal, compared to someone who is just visiting Canada.
I received a visa 2 years ago and the US officer was more than nice. Just need to provide proof why you're staying in Canada, financial stability and why you want a visa to US. I asked a single visa because I was invited to staggette to Las Vegas, but I also mentioned in the application that it's cheaper for me to fly home through US, I got multi visa for 3!!! years.