+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will doing medicals out of Canada automatically change visa office

jimmy-george

Star Member
May 12, 2011
Hi All,

I am currently in India and is planning to go back by end of February to Canada. I am a May 2014 applicant and as per the trend, I should be getting my medical request in this month. My question is, if I do medicals here in India and send it through my attorney, would CIC change my visa office when they it was done in India or would that only happen with my request. I would prefer not to have the visa office change and then have the additional delay. My logic is that I should be back in Canada for passport stamping in March, so no visa office change necessary...

I would appreciate any advise

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
jimmy-george said:
Hi All,

I am currently in India and is planning to go back by end of February to Canada. I am a May 2014 applicant and as per the trend, I should be getting my medical request in this month. My question is, if I do medicals here in India and send it through my attorney, would CIC change my visa office when they it was done in India or would that only happen with my request. I would prefer not to have the visa office change and then have the additional delay. My logic is that I should be back in Canada for passport stamping in March, so no visa office change necessary...

The medical results are send to CIC by the panel doctors who conducts the medical examination and not your attorney. Unless you request CIC would not change your visa office.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
jimmy-george said:
Hi All,

Hi,
doing your medicals out of Canada doesn't automatically change your visa office. And as Astasi above mentioned the medical results are sent to CIC by the doctor who conducted the examination.

jimmy-george

Star Member
May 12, 2011
I was told by someone that when the CIC sees that your medical was done outside of Canada for CEC, they will transfer the file from Ottawa to that country's visa office and that would take at least a month and thereby delaying the process.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
jimmy-george said:
I was told by someone that when the CIC sees that your medical was done outside of Canada for CEC, they will transfer the file from Ottawa to that country's visa office and that would take at least a month and thereby delaying the process.
Hi,
if you don't explicitly require CIC to change the visa office they will not do so just on the ground of your medicals being done in your home country. Even if CIC (theoretically) did it you could change it again according your needs (by an email).

PR4CAN

Sep 20, 2014
Hi

I have sent my application on 20th Oct,2014 and CIC received my file on 24th Oct 2014, and today I find out by myself there is some issue with my Birth certificate, I am planning to send other supporting documents tomm to support my DOB . my application fees is not charged yet and havent received AOR , if I send my other supporting document by mail, How they will track my application ? Any can help with this pleasee its very urgent

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
PR4CAN said:
Hi

I have sent my application on 20th Oct,2014 and CIC received my file on 24th Oct 2014, and today I find out by myself there is some issue with my Birth certificate, I am planning to send other supporting documents tomm to support my DOB . my application fees is not charged yet and havent received AOR , if I send my other supporting document by mail, How they will track my application ? Any can help with this pleasee its very urgent
Unfortunately, you cannot send new documents until you get your AOR.

What is the problem with your birth certificate? If it clearly states your DOB, your name and your parent's name, you will be fine.

PR4CAN

Sep 20, 2014
my name is not on BIRTH CERTIFICATE. will they issue AOR when they will findout my name is not on birth certificate ?

Glitzy23

Mar 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Thats good to hear!! I applied in Canada but now in Dubai and should hopefully get the medical request later this month or in January and didn't want my application being processed at another visa office to slow down the process!