+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will CRS scores drop for Express Entry draws? Any other options for PR?

Rose Anjum

Dec 8, 2021
I have graduated in a 2 year Diploma in Business - Marketing (BMT). I have scored an overall Band - 7.0 in IELTS as of now.
I have 1 year work experience as a Financial Sales Representative (NOC - 63102 & TEER - 3). Then I applied for Express Entry & my CRS score is 389 so far.
My score is low as since 2021 there has been no Canadian Experience Class (CEC) draw held.

I will complete 1 more year of work experience this December, 2023 as an Administrative Assistant (NOC - 13110 & TEER - 3). My CRS score then would be above 400.
Without a PNP nomination or the backlog ending causing scores to drop, my chances to get ITA for PR is very low.
My work permit will expire January, 2025. I don't have much time thus, thinking of switching province.

Is there a possibility of our Post-Grad Work Permit's 18 month extension?
If not, what PNP will be right for me according to my experience?? Or should I get enrolled in Bachelors?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have graduated in a 2 year Diploma in Business - Marketing (BMT). I have scored an overall Band - 7.0 in IELTS as of now.
I have 1 year work experience as a Financial Sales Representative (NOC - 63102 & TEER - 3). Then I applied for Express Entry & my CRS score is 389 so far.
My score is low as since 2021 there has been no Canadian Experience Class (CEC) draw held.

I will complete 1 more year of work experience this December, 2023 as an Administrative Assistant (NOC - 13110 & TEER - 3). My CRS score then would be above 400.
Without a PNP nomination or the backlog ending causing scores to drop, my chances to get ITA for PR is very low.
My work permit will expire January, 2025. I don't have much time thus, thinking of switching province.

Is there a possibility of our Post-Grad Work Permit's 18 month extension?
If not, what PNP will be right for me according to my experience?? Or should I get enrolled in Bachelors?
I think you should assume scores will not drop. The CEC specific draws were something that really only happened during COVID. I would make the assumption that they will not return and that you will be competing against FSW applicants with high scores. I don't think any backlog has anything to do with this. Expect scores to remain high.

Consider learning French to increase your score.

Your level of education is also a limiting factor. If you don't have a bachelor degree, then definitely consider getting one. Some immigration programs won't be an option for you without at least a bachdelor degree. Keep in mind that you are competing to be selected against people with Master's and PhDs. So you need to do whatever is needed to increase your score (which is why you should learn French too).

Which province are you working in now?

No one knows if there will be another PGWP extension policy. Best to assume and plan that there will not be.

Rose Anjum

Dec 8, 2021
I think you should assume scores will not drop. The CEC specific draws were something that really only happened during COVID. I would make the assumption that they will not return and that you will be competing against FSW applicants with high scores. I don't think any backlog has anything to do with this. Expect scores to remain high.

Consider learning French to increase your score.

Your level of education is also a limiting factor. If you don't have a bachelor degree, then definitely consider getting one. Some immigration programs won't be an option for you without at least a bachdelor degree. Keep in mind that you are competing to be selected against people with Master's and PhDs. So you need to do whatever is needed to increase your score (which is why you should learn French too).

Which province are you working in now?

No one knows if there will be another PGWP extension policy. Best to assume and plan that there will not be.
Thank you so much for the feedback. I will begin learning French then as you said its highly prioritized & chances of scores dropping are slim to none. I'm in Toronto, Ontario. I've both studied & gained experience in this province but OINP seems to invite people only knowing French or working in Trade regulated/STEM occupations. Do you know whether occupation has to match the program applicants studied in to count as work experience for PR? If not, then should I apply for trade/ in demand labour market related jobs too? Switching provinces would be tough as I don't have much time left till my PGWP expires but I'm open to other PNP options if it's the last resort.

Or if I get enrolled in Bachelors degree, will my previous work experience in Canada count after I apply with another PGWP I'd receive after graduation to get into the Express Entry pool again? As far as I know I can't wait in the pool with my previous score alongside studying again, right?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for the feedback. I will begin learning French then as you said its highly prioritized & chances of scores dropping are slim to none. I'm in Toronto, Ontario. I've both studied & gained experience in this province but OINP seems to invite people only knowing French or working in Trade regulated/STEM occupations. Do you know whether occupation has to match the program applicants studied in to count as work experience for PR? If not, then should I apply for trade/ in demand labour market related jobs too? Switching provinces would be tough as I don't have much time left till my PGWP expires but I'm open to other PNP options if it's the last resort.

Or if I get enrolled in Bachelors degree, will my previous work experience in Canada count after I apply with another PGWP I'd receive after graduation to get into the Express Entry pool again? As far as I know I can't wait in the pool with my previous score alongside studying again, right?
Trades require years of study. Switching to a trade is not at all realistic for you unless you were already working in a trade in your home country and have the related education / work experience.

You can try switching to STEM. I assume you have previous work experience and/or education that is STEM related?

You can only hold a PGWP once. If you take a bachelor degree, your previous work experience in Canada will certainly count - however you will not qualify for another PGWP.

You can certainly be in the EE pool while you study again.

Rose Anjum

Dec 8, 2021
I am from a Commerce background, specifically Business administration/management so I think most probably neither my prior education or work experience is STEM related. While I study again & work aside, can I add that work experience to the EE pool I'm already in? So, once I complete a Bachelors Degree, would I qualify for any other work permit as PGWP can be only held once?? As in how do I get to stay after graduation & under what sort of work permit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am from a Commerce background, specifically Business administration/management so I think most probably neither my prior education or work experience is STEM related. While I study again & work aside, can I add that work experience to the EE pool I'm already in? So, once I complete a Bachelors Degree, would I qualify for any other work permit as PGWP can be only held once?? As in how do I get to stay after graduation & under what sort of work permit?
If you want to stay and work after completing a bachelor degree, you would need to find an employer in Canada who is willing to give you a job offer and also obtain an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit.