+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will CIC take my immigration fraud report seriously if I am not in Canada ?

sirnavy

Aug 29, 2019
Will CIC take my immigration fraud report seriously if I am not in Canada or I am not a PR or Canadian ?

Call the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Border Watch Toll-Free Line at 1-888-502-9060 to report:
Can I call this number If I am outside Canada ?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
You should be able to call that number from outside Canada. Question is that do you have enough proof to substantiate your claim? I saw some other posts where they believe CIC will not investigate every claim, just ones where they see some evidence.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Will CIC take my immigration fraud report seriously if I am not in Canada or I am not a PR or Canadian ?

You can dial a 888 number from the US but I don't believe it's possible from other countries.

Shah5

Jul 9, 2019
You should be able to call that number from outside Canada. Question is that do you have enough proof to substantiate your claim? I saw some other posts where they believe CIC will not investigate every claim, just ones where they see some evidence.
you can also FAX..1-613-948-4848

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019

They will take it seriously if you are able to present a case with substantial, valid and logical evidence and not some hearsay.

A lot of people try to fake report other people out of vendetta or jealousy and IRCC knows about it, so they ignore most of the reports after preleminary investigation. If you are one of the jealous/vendetta one's, don't be that person!

Shah5

Jul 9, 2019
They will take it seriously if you are able to present a case with substantial, valid and logical evidence and not some hearsay.

A lot of people try to fake report other people out of vendetta or jealousy and IRCC knows about it, so they ignore most of the reports after preleminary investigation. If you are one of the jealous/vendetta one's, don't be that person!
For marriage of convience you must write why you think it is. Include evidence to backup accusation. So if you are an ex you must have screen shots.photos.emails.love letters. Documents etc with dates.include names and dob etc

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
For marriage of convience you must write why you think it is. Include evidence to backup accusation. So if you are an ex you must have screen shots.photos.emails.love letters. Documents etc with dates.include names and dob etc
Being a jilted ex lover, makes it more harder for anyone to see the report as a genuine report.

Shah5

Jul 9, 2019
Being a jilted ex lover, makes it more harder for anyone to see the report as a genuine report.
I agree with you..but It depends.differences in age.background.education.religion raises red flags with visa officers. So if one partner is in the above category the person seeking status may dump that person if they can find someone their own age.background.education.religion to do a fake marriage to eliminate red flags.
Sometimes after they have gotten status they reunite with the jilted person.
It says somewhere on the CIC site that its a clue that a marriage of convenience happened

sirnavy

Aug 29, 2019

Someone who doesnt have any relationship to the couple call and fax CBSA a text-message showing one of the couple admitting that he/she is doing fraud marriage.

Does that work or CIC will ignore ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Someone who doesnt have any relationship to the couple call and fax CBSA a text-message showing one of the couple admitting that he/she is doing fraud marriage.

Does that work or CIC will ignore ?
My guess is this isn't enough evidence for IRCC do to anything about the report. I think they will probably ignore.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

sirnavy

Aug 29, 2019
My guess is this isn't enough evidence for IRCC do to anything about the report. I think they will probably ignore.
If they take it seriously, what is the next step they will do. do they notify and let the couple know that someone reported them ?
Or they just require the couple an interview or something like that. I mean they dont decide to investigate but still put the couple in suspicion and ask them for more proof of relationship or an interview ?

In case of the couple is applying for PR and waiting for approval