+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will CIC reject a PRC renewal of an 84yrs old person who cut-it-close to OR requirement?

lrw000

Dec 28, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Hope someone more experienced could possibly help me on this or simply tell me I worried too much. lol

I sent in PRC renewal applications for both of my mother 80yrs old and father 84yrs old the same time, and got confirmation via email saying they received docs and process starts on Dec05.

I already got the renewal card for mother mailed to me today, but father status still shows 'decision made'. One thing weird was that the current home address shows on the status page of an address in China, which the condo was already sold back in 2014 after their immigrantion. He has no property, no children in China.

He went back more often to visit his elder sister and stayed with her more than my mother did in the past 5yrs, but he has anyway stayed in Canada for 756days for the past 5yrs and applied for renewal on the expiry date of his pr card. He remains currently in Canada. retired without any criminal record.

Do you think there might be a chance they reject his card renewal? or am I thinking/worrying too much, and it is only a matter of time waiting for cic to process the card/in production queue ?

My ante is currently illed and I plan to go back visite her in a month with my father. Hope we can get an answer/confirmation from cic soon.

Thanks so much in advance and wish you all a great NY2019!

Rachel

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,
Hope someone more experienced could possibly help me on this or simply tell me I worried too much. lol

I sent in PRC renewal applications for both of my mother 80yrs old and father 84yrs old the same time, and got confirmation via email saying they received docs and process starts on Dec05.

I already got the renewal card for mother mailed to me today, but father status still shows 'decision made'. One thing weird was that the current home address shows on the status page of an address in China, which the condo was already sold back in 2014 after their immigrantion. He has no property, no children in China.

He went back more often to visit his elder sister and stayed with her more than my mother did in the past 5yrs, but he has anyway stayed in Canada for 756days for the past 5yrs and applied for renewal on the expiry date of his pr card. He remains currently in Canada. retired without any criminal record.

Do you think there might be a chance they reject his card renewal? or am I thinking/worrying too much, and it is only a matter of time waiting for cic to process the card/in production queue ?

My ante is currently illed and I plan to go back visite her in a month with my father. Hope we can get an answer/confirmation from cic soon.

Thanks so much in advance and wish you all a great NY2019!

Rachel
Generally speaking, when someone is close to the 730 days (which your father is) processing can take quite a bit longer if IRCC wants to verify that this individual does in fact have the minimum days required to meet RO (some applications get sent to secondary review and processing takes much longer). So it's possible this is what may happen in your father's case. It's really impossible for any of us to say if he will have his PR card in time for your trip or not. It's possible they may ask him to provide evidence to prove that he has the required number of days in Canada. Or may he'll have his new card very soon.

Keep in mind that he has to make sure he meets the residency requirement at all times. Meaning that if he was to look back at the previous five years from any day - he must have at least 730 days during those five years in Canada.

lrw000

Dec 28, 2018
Thanks so much for your reply. This is his first 5yrs in Canada after landed in Oct 2013.

When it shows decision made in status, can case still be sent for a second review?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks so much for your reply. This is his first 5yrs in Canada after landed in Oct 2013.

When it shows decision made in status, can case still be sent for a second review?
It should mean his PR card is being mailed and the application has been finalized. But anything is possible...

Reactions: lrw000