+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will BOWP come through after COPR

bertofus

Oct 16, 2017
Hey There,

I am looking for some help as I have applied for my BOWP in September but received COPR last week and have sent my documents to Ottawa to be checked before flag poling. I am wondering if my BOWP will still be processed sucessfully if i dont flagpole, as i have booked a flight for December and do not think my PR card will arrive on time if i activate it.

I was hoping my BOWP will still be processed and that I could activate my PR on my return to Canada.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

bertofus

Oct 16, 2017
Thanks for the link.

I forgot to mention my working holiday visa has expired so I am on implied status with the BOWP and am worried that if this gets rejected I will need to activate mt PR and not be able to receive the card in time or have suficient time out of Canada to have a travel document processed in London

Reactions: Zhuzhu1997

superrowen

Apr 5, 2018
Hi bertofus,

I am in a similar situation to you, I was wondering what you ended up doing?

I just received my COPR and my current work permit expires in 2 weeks.

Before receiving the COPR I had applied for BOWP. This was good for implied status while waiting for a PR decision.

Like you i was hoping to have the BOWP before COPR as I travel back home to Ireland in 4 weeks (after the current work permit expires).

Preferably I would just activate my PR in 4 weeks but I am not sure if I am covered under implied status to stay in Canada till then....it's pretty confusing! Guess it depends if COPR is considered a PR decision or if a decision is only made once you speak to an immigration officer and activate the COPR.

Cheers for any help,

Rowen

bertofus

Oct 16, 2017
Hey Rowen,

In the end my BOWP came in and I activated my PR on returning to Canada.

Have you received the BOWP yet? If so you are good to go home and activate your PR on the way back in after the trip.

Even though you have your COPR they will still process your BOWP which happened to me.

You will still be on implied status as long as you they take to process your BOWP and you dont activate your PR as 4 weks is cutting it very close for getting the card.

I hope this helps. I am a little rusty on all this as it was back in October so I am trying to be as accruate as possible for you

Cheers

superrowen

Apr 5, 2018
Appreciate your help buddy,

It's interesting that you got your BOWP after your COPR. This makes me feel more comfortable as I was thinking BOWP applications automatically stopped after the COPR.

I still haven't received my BOWP but it would be great if it arrives within the next few weeks.

Glad it worked out for you and cheers again!

Last edited: