+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will be any Difficulty re-enter Canada? Have received full fee refund frm Uni.

panasonic

May 8, 2012
Dear members your help is appreciated,

I was admitted in fall semester 2012 but there had been some tragedy happened with my admission. After getting the study permit and arriving in Canada when I reported to my university, they told me that I have received my Final Acceptance letter in error and that my educational documents are not eligible to continue my studies in the desired programme which was of two years only. They asked me to take admission in 4 years programme which at that point I accepted happily, but after two months I realised that I am not able to arrange funds for 4 years international fees and then I asked university management to return my complete fall semester 2012 fee. Because in these two months I had passed all dead lines for asking the fee refund, it took me more 1 month to convince University people to refund my complete semester fee which at last they did.... because since the beginning of my case it was only their fault to issue me the wrong Final Acceptance letter. But one of the international admissions officer of my university told me that now they will inform immigration department that we have returned this student's fee and she is leaving country in same month.
I left Canada in November 26th and came back to my home country successfully.
Q:1:My question is now if I have the acceptance letter in hand of the different university or college of different province .... and I want to travel back to Canada to continue my studies in any Post secondary programm in summer intake....will there be any complications for me to re-enter in Canada.. though my both entry visa sticker and study permit are valid till August 2013....I am confused that once the immigration department receive the information from my university that they have refunded my fee...what will be the status of my visa in their system right now.... I am scared to travel to Canada that what will happen at the airport ? though I have all documents to proof that I did not over stayed in Canada when I was Idol...I was missing my family that's why I visited them and the admission mistake was not my mistake...
Q:2:I have heard that immigration people sitting at the port of entry or airports....use to update their data on international student's visa's status on the behalf of the information provided by the student's universities...is that true..?
Please suggest..
Q:3: Have also tried to email CIC anonymously, but nothing received use full only it says every thing is on website. Also called call centre and try to utter my file number but she only asked whether both entry and permit valid? I told her yes it is, then she replied " I dont see anything" (means any problem)...but I am not sure that she saw and tele my file number in her system...she only replied on the basis of general requirement to enter. I wanted her to check my status in her system but she disconne

Please help me seriously....

ValientNine

Jan 28, 2013
If the issue is of the university then there is no problem, and you might have actually made your case more convincing if you infact left the country after you withdrew because now this shows your intent not to be there illegally which you could have done.

Immigration doesnt give a rats a** if you withdrew unless its for low marks or low attendance, the covering letter you supply at each visa application serves the purpose of explaining which is a great chance for you to tell what you tell here.

Go ahead and apply again and they will gladly grant you a Visa, and there is nothing to worry about as long as your case is Genuine.

What you should have done the first time

1) You should have asked for a letter from your University stating their mistake in the matter
2) Instead of just rushing back home you should have simply applied for another university and informed immigration of the change within the country.

Either way now whats done is done, make sure you select a reputed college or university and apply for it and explain the case to the VO at the CHC via the covering letter or SoP.

Hope this helps.

ali45

Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have also some question regarding this case?

My friend who is in Canada right now, when he arrived in Canada he change his university and refund his fees from the first university and get the admission in college. so i am also think about this same but my question is that is that possible to change the university after landing to Canada?

ValientNine

Jan 28, 2013
Yes it is, you can change the course. Make sure you have the new college change the details on your student permit. They can help you do it.

ali45

Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that's great. :) so how to change the study permit or student permit at canada?

ValientNine

Jan 28, 2013
Call CIC. If the length does not variate between this course and the other then you may enroll in the other one.

As per CIC :

Citizenship and Immigration Canada allows post-secondary students with valid study permits to change schools or programs without applying for a new study permit.

BUT :

Only if the length is the same, if its not then you have to submit a Study Permit Change form, but the other college or uni will deal with that. Make sure you show some money as well if you going for extensions.

ali45

Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THANKS you very much, these information will definitely help me in the future. :)

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

ValientNine said:
Yes it is, you can change the course. Make sure you have the new college change the details on your student permit. They can help you do it.

1. You do not need to get any change on your SP. You can change anything over Post Secondary level with no paper work.

ValientNine

Jan 28, 2013
enfield said:
Hi,

1. You do not need to get any change on your SP. You can change anything over Post Secondary level with no paper work.
Well the way i saw it you DO need IF your COURSE LENGTH Variates. Is this not the case?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

ValientNine said:
Well the way i saw it you DO need IF your COURSE LENGTH Variates. Is this not the case?

1. If the course length exceeds the SP validity, apply for SP renewal, fill up IMM 5709.