+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will Asylum Claimants and Non-Syrian Refugees be forgotten?

ovosaoleite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Hi everyone. I just wanted to know the opinion of people here in the forum who have experience with this type of thing. The Liberal campaign and the current news are always mentioning the Syrian refugee topic, but rarely somebody says anything about the fact that thousands Asylum claimants and Refugees in camps around the world from other countries who are also facing great risk and have been forgotten by the Canadian government for a number of reasons. I read on these forum many accounts of people who have been waiting for their hearing years which makes me really afraid that my situation may be similar, since I've been waiting for more than six months after my hearing has been postponed. Anyway, here is the only article I could find that touches the subject: (Sorry, for some reason I am not allowed to post links in this forum)

8Hannah8

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
I find it highly unfair also, but the Gov't is being shady about it. Tomorrow JT should give a press conference considering the refugee situation. Hope everything turns out for the best for you and your family.

ovosaoleite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Thank you for your wishes 8Hannah8. It's sad to see that for some people, even those who are trying to help, the life of some is more important than others'.