+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will arrive Canada in end of June be considered "too early"?

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
CBSA hires a large volume of people so not all new people end up in small towns. Many apply to hired in their local area and the largest amount of people are hired in the large urban centres not small towns.. Many of the remote/small crossings have no actual person on site. The crossings are processed virtually. Not sure why studying in Quebec would be viewed as a negative. Doing training at various different border sites and exploring the various roles within CBSA would be very interesting. Not sure why being in the Yukon is also a negative. It is very beautiful and would be an ideal place to live for many people especially those who enjoy the outdoors. Like in most jobs where you initially get hired will not be your job forever. Before discounting something at least do a bit more research.
do you know how RCMP gets hired?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
do you know how RCMP gets hired?
If you want to be an RCMP officer you apply to their training academy. As an RCMP officer you are much more likely to be assigned to a rural or remote location in the early part of your career. There are also other roles in the RCMP.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
CBSA hires a large volume of people so not all new people end up in small towns. Many apply to hired in their local area and the largest amount of people are hired in the large urban centres not small towns.. Many of the remote/small crossings have no actual person on site. The crossings are processed virtually. Not sure why studying in Quebec would be viewed as a negative. Doing training at various different border sites and exploring the various roles within CBSA would be very interesting. Not sure why being in the Yukon is also a negative. It is very beautiful and would be an ideal place to live for many people especially those who enjoy the outdoors. Like in most jobs where you initially get hired will not be your job forever. Before discounting something at least do a bit more research.
just from your words, it sounds like a very easy piece of cake kind of thing from your post.
If you want to become CBSA go for it. no desire to be CBSA where half population hates them right now.(and you know the reason why)
There is someone in my family who is studying for CBSA whom I don't have much communication with him, but if I need to know something I would just ask him.
Sounds like you want to become CBSA then go for it if you defend them.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
If you wanna be CBSA it is pain because you will need to study in Quebeck then they might send you to the border where there is nothing somewhere in SK or Yukon or Winnipeg where you might feel depressed. I thought about applying then gave up. Don't want my life to pass by somewhere in a boring place with 300 or 500 people in a little towns or village
Winnipeg isn't a boring place, nor do people who live here have depression just coz it's Winnipeg.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
just from your words, it sounds like a very easy piece of cake kind of thing from your post.
If you want to become CBSA go for it. no desire to be CBSA where half population hates them right now.(and you know the reason why)
There is someone in my family who is studying for CBSA whom I don't have much communication with him, but if I need to know something I would just ask him.
Just because I defend a profession doesn't mean I want to become one. Half of the population doesn't hate CBSA. Think most are thankful that in a pandemic they are risking their health as part of essential services. Why would anyone hate them? They are protecting our borders, trying to identify and prevent illegal/dangerous items from entering Canada, etc.

Reactions: zekkeh

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
If you wanna be CBSA it is pain because you will need to study in Quebeck then they might send you to the border where there is nothing somewhere in SK or Yukon or Winnipeg where you might feel depressed. I thought about applying then gave up. Don't want my life to pass by somewhere in a boring place with 300 or 500 people in a little towns or village
I've lived in remote areas before. I have a Starlink dish, own an airplane, and am a pilot. Remote is fine for me.

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
I like Canada. I hate fraud, and smuggling. I like taxes on foreign goods, and restrictions on foreign labor. It would be a good fit for me.

I would likely be the asshole officer that people hate, because I wouldn't let thousands in taxes go because I was too lazy to bother, and would actually follow up PRs to see if they were in compliance.

Reactions: canuck78

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Nothing personal but who cares if half of the population hate them? then Half of the population likes them in your assumption. I don't know where you got this data as half of population hate them, but I'm sure you can't even justify quantitatively.....Until when we don't have CBSA one day and realize borders are open then I bet everyone will love them. I lived in small town, severe cold weather before moved to Vancouver, I still have very good memories and never at any time I was depressed

Reactions: zekkeh