+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will another 2 year diploma course bump my score up?

mjtraptor30

Feb 8, 2018
Hey all, I was wondering if enrolling in a 2 yr diploma course before applying for EE is worth it.

According to WES' free assessment tool My 4 year degree is equivalent to a 2 year community college diploma, bringing my score to 419 (with max IELT scores). So if I took another 2 year diploma course (making my ECA be 2 post secondary diploma's of 2 years each), would that help in any way?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hey all, I was wondering if enrolling in a 2 yr diploma course before applying for EE is worth it.

According to WES' free assessment tool My 4 year degree is equivalent to a 2 year community college diploma, bringing my score to 419 (with max IELT scores). So if I took another 2 year diploma course (making my ECA be 2 post secondary diploma's of 2 years each), would that help in any way?
No! To be eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" point you need to have at least one of them minimum 3 years long (according to the ECA).

mjtraptor30

Feb 8, 2018
No! To be eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" point you need to have at least one of them minimum 3 years long (according to the ECA).
Hi ishq74 thanks for the reply! hoping that wes will accredit my 4 yr degree to at least 3 yrs since i heard their free assessment is generally lower than the real one D: