+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will an open EE application be a hindrance, when applying to study in other countries?

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
I submitted my EE application in Dec 2019 - almost ZERO response from IRCC since then.

I have been thinking about getting a Masters in a field I'm interested in, with the ultimate goal of settling abroad. My open EE application should not, in any way, be a hindrance to me pursuing a Masters degree in any foreign country (including Canada) - is that correct?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
pinging this up
Do you have an active PR application under process (post AOR) or just the profile in the pool. If former, it comes under dual intent and based on your citizenship, you will have to position your application for study in Canada. If it is just the profile, there are no issues.
On the whole, your PR application in Canada has no bearing for a study route in any other country.

Reactions: slashmaybe

Mek22

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
I am also interested to know this! I have been waiting for my EE PR since May 2021 (PNP Inland). Just because of this long wait, I am also thinking about other options!

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
It's an active PR application - post AOR - been in limbo for nearly 3 years now.

Hmm, could you elaborate on this: "you will have to position your application for study in Canada.", if you don't mind?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
It's an active PR application - post AOR - been in limbo for nearly 3 years now.

Hmm, could you elaborate on this: "you will have to position your application for study in Canada.", if you don't mind?
Depending on your country of citizenship, a study visa under dual intent could either be approved or denied. It's a fine line and largely depends on the officer. But if you do have a strong academic background/ IELTS scores with a compelling statement of purpose, the officer would accept your application.
Are you outland ?

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
Yes Outland with Indian citizenship, and located in India. Everything you said above is if I apply to a Canadian university right?

If I apply to a university in another country, would it even be required to mention that I have this EE application open with Canada?

Pradeep Raju

May 20, 2014
I submitted my EE application in Dec 2019 - almost ZERO response from IRCC since then.

I have been thinking about getting a Masters in a field I'm interested in, with the ultimate goal of settling abroad. My open EE application should not, in any way, be a hindrance to me pursuing a Masters degree in any foreign country (including Canada) - is that correct?
If your desire is to pursue Masters in Canada or in any other country then go ahead and your current express entry profile will not be hindrance at all. You can be a person with Dual intent but remember to make sure you choose the right program and portrays the right approach with the Canada High Comission

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Yes Outland with Indian citizenship, and located in India. Everything you said above is if I apply to a Canadian university right?

If I apply to a university in another country, would it even be required to mention that I have this EE application open with Canada?
No issues with other Country.
Dual Intent only for Canada.