16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
ohcanada! said:
Their economy is already crumbling with dollar nearing 75 cents.
That's not an accident. They want the CAD trading low against the USD.

Aquarian25

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
12th Draw results are out... 463 CRS is the cutoff this time.. Looks like lot many people have entered the pool since last draw held on 6/26(469) and it has only inched down to 6 points... :'(

Wait game still continues.. :mad:

quicksilver6

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
dda said:
There better should be a draw tonight and the CRS goes down so that all the eligible and deserving candidates get a chance to become permanent residents of Canada. I am at 455.

Its almost a shame for people who are deserving and eligible for PR for this country and are still not being appreciated by this immigration system. Its almost like we are being abused by these people after spending bags full of money on their tuition and now contributing in their tax systems as well.

I came to Canada 9 years ago in 2006. I completed my undergraduate degree at one of the best university here and then achieved a diploma as well from a college for another course of study. I spent like 7 years studying and building up myself and hoping that I can have a fruitful life here in Canada. I am currently working as an engineer at one of the best company in Canada. I have blended into this country so well that I its my home now, but still this country refuses to accept me by keeping me far away from the point system and getting my residency. I mean, its so hard to stabilize your life when you realize that you can be kicked out one day as soon as your permit expires and then nothing matters to anyone. They are running this system ruthlessly and giving chances to people who have not even seen the life out here (e.g. LMIA's to chefs and all from all over the world). Come out here and realize the sufferings on this end, see what it means to spend your life's 10 year in a place, building your career and home, and one day you are not even recognized by that country.

One question I would like to ask you guys out there: There are soo many like me out there who have to leave the country on daily basis just because their permit is expiring. Mine will expire soon too. But are we people still not eligible to be a part of this society or what? Why do we have to beg for a better living after working so hard for it? Why don't they see us as deserving prospective residents for this country and give us priority.

Its almost like we have to beg and make them realize that we are deserving. Our track record does not mean anything. Guys, we should do something about this for us, our families and our future friends as well. I hate to see my friends going home because their permit expired. Each day is bringing me to a point when I will say "do hell with this cold hearted country".

p.s. No offense to anyone.
Same here. your post make me cry because i feel the same way everyday. No body understands, my boss tell me that you will get pr for sure if you are good enough. look at the scores, I dont know where to go after my permit expires. Have been here for 7 years, dont have another home to come back to.

MysterySabine

Feb 24, 2015
It is very sad to hear everyones stories.....I don't want to be bitter about the Canadian immigration process but the last 18 months have certainly been tough.
First an LMO refusal because of a mistake on the form (though they wouldn't say what, and took 3 months to tell us).
Then we got an immigration consultant to help and hit them with another LMO, and an FSW visa application.
The LMO was refused again on a technicality (thats after advertising the job through 2 rounds now), and the FSW declined also last October, as the cap was suddenly hit.
Now an LMIA application has been in since March, with no news.

This is for a position on a software product where there are basically no skills in Canada, none what-so-ever. Literally the only people in the world with the skills are in Australia and the UK.

I have a partner in Toronto. I've been out of the country since Jan 2014 and have been trying everything to get back ever since. We've been apart except for the occasional holiday together ever since.

The company in Canada were great, I worked remotely till May this year and, enjoying my EU status, I lived between Spain and England. But sadly enough is enough, and I have parted ways with the company. I don't know what they'll do to get the skills they need. I trained the people there the best I could, but you simply can't train 17 years experience in to people.....remotely.

I'm working in Ireland now, and my experience has been that it's difficult to understand how the system in Canada can be seen to be working. An Australian guy I know came to the new company I work at about 18 months ago. Irish immigration have kept stamping his passport and letting him work all that time. 4 weeks ago, through the company, he applied for a 2 year work permit, which came through yesterday. No advertising the role, just explaining the situation, with understanding people. These are senior roles, paid well, they know that you'd hire local if you could. For these roles, you're bringing knowledge and expertise in to the country. Canadian immigration must have been treated very, very poorly to have become so jaded and cynical.

My g/f tonight started to talk about her coming to Ireland to live. As it seems that would be far easier than me getting into Canada. Although I'm pretty well integrated, I've never been out of work, grew the Canadian company during my time there - hiring more Canadians and am a native English speaker (even started saying Ey!). To say that I was naive about what this process would be like....well that's an understatement.

Sorry, I didn't want to get on to my soap box.....but letting off a little steam at time helps!

p.s. my scores 434....for 1 more month. Then I lose 11 points turning 41 :(

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
desperatehuman said:
How would you say that
You mean, why?

From an economic standpoint, Canada is trying to balance many different interests. One of those is it's exports.

A lower Canadian Dollar means that Canadian goods become cheap in comparison. It reduces wages to Canadians, but it helps keep unemployment at low levels, which is important given the recent drops in oil prices. It's a compensatory mechanism.

ohcanada!

Jun 5, 2015
I am touched listening to your story. I personally think this whole concept of LMIA is a bit vague and doesn't fit well into the system as there are no well-defined parameters to determine that your employer is eligible. Plus this whole process is tedious. When CIC says they have introduced a "Express" system which will get you a PR in 6 months, I clearly disagree with this claim. The reason being that it doesn't take into account those painful months of getting an LMIA or PNP. Plus ECA etc. So it actually is more than a year. I don't think the system has improved but rather got worse.

It would be interesting to see how they operate in 2016. 2015 is an election year so they are taking some strategic decisions. I personally don't think they would want to send the students who have studied in Canada back to their countries and bring people in from other countries to work and immigrate. That would be like shooting themselves on the foot. It's high time that they realize that International Students are their real asset who can provide them the depth in skills.

I am expecting a major overhaul next year once there is a strong backlash to current EE system.

CLCR4025 said:
Oh Canada! The bridge work permit only applies if you have an ITA and the application is received as complete. Just like DDA I studied a Masters here and currently work for the 3rd largest auto company in Canada with a salary that puts me in the top 10% of the Canadian economy. Sadly large companies are less inclined to issue LMIA's due to the high risk associated with possible government audits. On the other side, a bunch of smaller companies are just fooling the system by requesting the assessment for unclear reasons. To make the experience more painful I lost an ITA because the immigration officer did not liked my Bank Satement without any clear reason and, like in many cases, I did not have the opportunity to resubmit the document. The new process does not help those who have done EVERYTHING right. For us, not getting an ITA is not a matter of staying in our home countries and continue our lives. We do suffer these draws as we have addapted and our lives (Including our families) are fully tied to Canada, if we have to leave the impact is huge and not having any certainty whatsoever is quite a stressful way to live.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
ohcanada! said:
I personally think this whole concept of LMIA is a bit vague and doesn't fit well into the system as there are no well-defined parameters to determine that your employer is eligible.
It's rather well defined. Can they demonstrate that they are unable to hire a Canadian for the position at the prevailing market wage? What part of that is complicated?

Plus this whole process is tedious. When CIC says they have introduced a "Express" system which will get you a PR in 6 months, I clearly disagree with this claim. The reason being that it doesn't take into account those painful months of getting an LMIA or PNP. Plus ECA etc.
Many people have enough points and don't need LMIA/PNP. My wife is one of them. If you are unqualified to immigrate, it takes time to get qualified.

It's no different than someone with no English skills, no education, and no work experience. They can still immigrate, but it will likely take them a decade or more to be qualified. Would you say that Permanent Residence takes 10 years, then?

So it actually is more than a year. I don't think the system has improved but rather got worse.
Some people waited 8 years under the old system. Many, many people had their applications cancelled without warning or recourse. Before, you either needed a lot of points, Canadian experience, or a job offer. Now, you need a lot of points, Canadian experience, or a job offer. The specifics have changed, but it's fundamentally a very similar system.

I personally don't think they would want to send the students who have studied in Canada back to their countries and bring people in from other countries to work and immigrate.
There are two possibilities - they are stupid, or they don't want the students to stay. If they wanted the students to stay, they wouldn't have made it much harder for them to do so.

That would be like shooting themselves on the foot. It's high time that they realize that International Students are their real asset who can provide them the depth in skills.
No, they aren't. The government of Canada is interested in economic immigrants. That's why Express Entry works the way it does.

They are as blunt as they can be:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#2

How will the Express Entry system benefit Canada?

The Government of Canada is reforming its economic immigration system to ensure that Canada’s economic and labour market needs are met.
But what about the PNP program, you might ask?

Provinces and territories will also be able to recruit candidates from the Express Entry pool through their Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) to meet local labour market needs.
The PNP program is also about meeting the economic needs of the provinces.

I am expecting a major overhaul next year once there is a strong backlash to current EE system.
There won't be an overhaul as long as the conservatives remain in power, and there likely won't be a backlash. From an economic standpoint, what they are doing is headed in the right direction - they need to do more of it:

http://www.asianpacificpost.com/article/7040-success-express-entry-applicants-weighs-heavily-job-offers.html

I have also heard EE criticized on the grounds that it’s “cream skimming,” catering exclusively to those with high economic value to Canada.

The challenge is, assuming that an open-door immigration policy is politically infeasible, and that the number of prospective immigrants exceeds available slots, the government must somehow discriminate between applicants. But how?

For economists, the most efficient way to allocate scarce resources is through prices. But, selling PR slots to the highest bidders is a bad idea for all kinds of reasons, not the least because worker productivity is imperfectly correlated with wealth.

An alternative approach is to do what universities do in selecting students: set an eligibility rule for application – a high school diploma, for example – and use a set of criteria to select among applicants. This is precisely what the EE system does.
Is this “cream skimming”? Perhaps. But what’s the alternative?

We could let eligible candidates wait in a queue for an indefinite duration until their turn comes up, as we used to do. But wouldn’t most applicants prefer a transparent system that allows them to improve their application in order to rise to the top? Would we prefer if universities admitted students in the order that their application was received?
The old system was "first come, first serve". The new system is "best first". If you want to get to the front of the line, you need to work to be the best.