+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wilderness log cabins ?

Waterworks

Feb 8, 2020
I've seen a few YouTube videos of Canadians building and living in log cabins in the wilderness, can anyone tell me if this is a realistic idea for an immigrant from the UK to Canada ?

The construction and remote off grid life side of it is not a problem to me as im already experienced in that, but I have no idea what laws, permits or costs of land are in Canada IF I was allowed to migrate there.

In the UK this is practically impossible due to planning laws, even if you own the land .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I've seen a few YouTube videos of Canadians building and living in log cabins in the wilderness, can anyone tell me if this is a realistic idea for an immigrant from the UK to Canada ?

The construction and remote off grid life side of it is not a problem to me as im already experienced in that, but I have no idea what laws, permits or costs of land are in Canada IF I was allowed to migrate there.

In the UK this is practically impossible due to planning laws, even if you own the land .
Do you actually qualify to immigrate? That really would be the first step before looking into whether you can do this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Rules vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. You'll need to research the building code requirements for the area where you plan to live. There's no single answer to this question.